Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blimey it's quick!
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Built up a 2010 Specialized Epic Expert frame on Friday night and took it for it’s maiden voyage today in the Chilterns. I know these things are billed as race bikes but it really is amazing how quickly it wants to go everywhere!

Circa 2lbs overwight at present due to running my AM wheels and tyres on it, but despite this it bloody flies!

Changes direction and accelerates every bit as well as the Whyte 19 it has replaced, but the rear suspension just makes it so much more pleasant on the rough stuff.

Plan to get some Hope Hoops/Stans Crest and maybe a new post/saddle to get it down to 25.5lbs ish but apart from that it’s just what I hoped for!

Grass due for cutting this week!

boxelder

You’ll struggle to shed a couple of lb changing those wheels and tyres. Looks fun.

njee20
    Free Member

Wont be far off. UST Nobby Nics to tubeless ready Rons is over a pound saved straight away!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Going from 510g rims to 350s and changing the tyres to 2011 Rons should save almost 1.5lbs on it’s own, so throw in a new saddle, post and maybe a carbon bar and I should be there!

Not much other scope without big money and if it flies at 27.5lbs, it really should at 25.5!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

What are people’s thoughts on i-beam seatposts?

james
    Free Member

IIRC in sub zero temperatures they have a tendency to break. Can’t remember if its the saddle or the post

higthepig
    Free Member

What are people’s thoughts on i-beam seatposts?

Ace, had one on for a couple of years, including winter before last which was down to -20 here, it didn’t break, not heard that rumor before. Happily buy again.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Have read they are quite stuff due to the rail design – is that the case?

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blimey it's quick!’ is closed to new replies.