Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Blimey, i remember when it was just glue sniffing……..
  • TheDoog
    Free Member

Just read this, another thing for parents to worry about or perhaps short lived like happy slapping???
    mad

organic355
    Free Member

jesus, whats wrong with LSD and a bit of canabis like I used to do!! The youth of today, tut tut tut.

woody2000

Just add w*nking and bingo, Michael Hutchence! 😀

ChrisHeath

Michael Hutchence played bingo?

grumm
    Free Member

I know, why not give the story loads of media coverage? That certainly won't lead to even more people trying it.

woody2000

Probably Chris, in between strangle w*nking and sh*gging Kylie he must have had some spare time. 😀

TheDoog
    Free Member

he must have had some spare time

Definately, cant have taken more than 2 mins to write those dire tunes Inxs churned out

Olly
    Free Member

dont discourage them from removing themselves from the genepool?

tthew

But it can lead to brain damage, un-consciousness and death.

No shit, Sherlock!

TheDoog
    Free Member

"Now everyone is doing it at school, and apparently if I was doing all this I could of died, is that true?"

Posted on a Yahoo forum, with grammer like that they should be strangled!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah I vaguely remember my mates doing something along those lines in my childhood. Can't remember the details, but iirc, it involved lots of standing up from the haunched position, and then someone standing behind you and squeezing your chest with their arms as hard as possible and then letting go – which caused your head to spin, and you to pass out.

Apparently it was great fun, but I never tried it – preferring to have a fag instead.

tjr666
    Free Member

Wtf?! I thought it was pretty bad when I found out about the DXM thing (an active ingredient in some cough syrups that bring on some serious downer and/or hallucinatory effects if drunk in a high quantity, seriously look on youtube for people on dxm, its very worrying…)

chakaping
    Free Member

but iirc, it involved lots of standing up from the haunched position, and then someone standing behind you and squeezing your chest with their arms as hard as possible and then letting go – which caused your head to spin, and you to pass out.

Some people I knew called this a "Rommel" and did it after they'd smoked weed.

Who thought of the name "Space Monkey" though? It makes it sound like a Chris Morris joke.

TheDoog
    Free Member

It makes it sound like a Chris Morris joke

Have you been doing cake??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Some people I knew called this a "Rommel" and did it after they'd smoked weed.

Ah, interesting – never knew that. In my case, it was in the toilets during break time at school …… when all the sensible kids were having a quick fag.

JB
    Free Member

Well at least they're not going to nick you prize possessions to pay for the habit!

Stoner
    Free Member

when all the sensible kids were having a quick fag.

I never knew you went to a public school Gus? 😉

We used to knock each other out in the school playground with a temporary squeeze of the carotid artery in the neck.

chakaping
    Free Member

We used to knock each other out in the school playground with a temporary squeeze of the carotid artery in the neck.

You are Mr Spock and I claim my £5.

Blower
    Free Member

Will keep them off the streets i suppose…

plant food is where its at aswell,

Stoner
    Free Member

You are Mr Spock

That is illogical.

Wiredchops
    Free Member

Aye,
    we used to do this as young 'uns (early 90's). We called em 'wallies' though. Probably because you leaned against a wall as your mate pressed their full weight against the chest.

Media sensationalism. What that article really means is, 'we've only just become aware of this'. Clearly kids have been doing it for years (at least 15).

Never seemed to do any harm, other than the kid that started fitting and ended up with nostrils full of broken glass and dirt. We thought it was hilarious. Looking back I think we were maybe a little heartless.

finbar
    Free Member

Wtf?! I thought it was pretty bad when I found out about the DXM thing (an active ingredient in some cough syrups that bring on some serious downer and/or hallucinatory effects if drunk in a high quantity, seriously look on youtube for people on dxm, its very worrying…)

Robotripping!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Harmless bit of fun – and there's a chance it will remove the ****wits from society

Tatty bye! Michael Hutchence Tatty bye!

project
    Free Member

When i was in school a lad d id this to another lad, suddenly the mad science teacher ran in the room as the lad being strangled collapsed on the floor, and pushed the other kid in the head.

Totally mad.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Michael Hutchence played bingo?

Priceless 😆

david_r
    Free Member

We were doing this at school 25 years ago. Nothing new here.

Best place to do it was the art room; whoever passed out usually woke up with their face painted.

Nobody ever died. However 25 years later it does look rather foolish!

In my defence, my skool was proper ruff like.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Surely we all recall Zammo and the just say no campaign. Funny thing was it wasn't say no to a bit of pot, but mainline drugs – actually the only exposure I've ever had to drugs like that was through campaigns to make me more aware of it.
    Never saw a 'don't piss around with aerosols' campaign and a few lads at our school were pretty hooked on that. Guess it wasn't so media friendly taking a hit of Mum's BO basher…

taka
    Free Member

ive got an addiction…

PeteG55
    Free Member

The aerosol thing quite a large bit of publicity at my school when someone decided a fag straight after a lung full was a good idea. I'm sure I don't need to tell you the outcome.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Darwin's theory at work.

Keva
    Free Member

same as david_r… I remember it from the early eighties. not new, no one died.

ex-pat
    Free Member

The aerosol thing quite a large bit of publicity at my school when someone decided a fag straight after a lung full was a good idea. I'm sure I don't need to tell you the outcome.

I can imagine it…
    "Hey, watch my impression of a dog!"

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Blimey, i remember when it was just glue sniffing……..’ is closed to new replies.