Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Blimey. Deirdre Barlow's dead
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Anne Kirkbride RIP. Not a big corrie fan but was not expecting that 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just read about this, 44 years is a long old service to any kind of job, rip

simmy
    Free Member

I was only on the Corrie tour 2 weeks ago and it made me realise how many memories of the programme I have from growing up.

Don’t know if it’s just a northern thing but there is a character that everyone can relate to.

Anne Kirkbride was an absolute legend and is going to be sadly missed.

lucien

Killed off in the show or for real?

tiggs121
    Free Member

For real!

njee20
    Free Member

Christ, didn’t expect that. Thoughts to her family.

D28boy
    Free Member

oomidamon

I’m amazed none of the papers used ‘Deadre’ as a headline.

chambord
    Free Member

The papers wouldn’t be so crass

hora
    Free Member

Not a Corrie fan but lots of stars etc etc dying in their 50 and 60’s too young. Once smoking is banned for good I’ll be happy.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve never thought there was a good time to die TBH. I always have found it immensely patronising to say to people, for example, “Oh, your grandfather had a good innings” as if that’s okay for them to die because they’re old. Normal, yes, okay, no.

Everyone has to die of something sadly.

brakes
    Free Member

how did she die?

atlaz
    Free Member

I think all that’s been said is “after a short illness” but it’s believed to have been breast cancer that spread according to the news I saw at lunch

benji
    Free Member

I don’t care, and I definitely don’t see why it is the first news story on every news broadcast, there is surely something more important happening somewhere.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

/\ there is. Did you not hear about the child who missed his friends party and got invoiced for unattendance?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t care, and I definitely don’t see why it is the first news story on every news broadcast, there is surely something more important happening somewhere.

Her passing was the fifth or sixth item on the BBC news last night.

RIP, too young.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Blimey. Deirdre Barlow's dead’ is closed to new replies.