Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blimey Charlie its new chainring and bolts time then…
  • stayhigh

I’ve somehow managed to crack the chainring on the LX cranks on my Scandal. I had heard a slight creak coming from the crank area at end of my ride. As it was wet and muddy out I attributed this to the BB needing some tender loving care so planned to strip it out and repack it on my day off.

The next day while on a short hop to the train station after work it was craeky again. Nothing major just this little creak. When I went up a slope and went to put some power through the cranks the crank just spun round with a crunchy noise.

On inspection my chain ring was hanging off of my pedal and had cracked throught the bolt hole :0

Whoops.

I noticed that the crank bolts were missing, I only found the back of one bolt. The only thing I can think of is the bolts somehow worked themselves loose and all dropped out. Even so though i wouldnt have expected the ring to crack.

Anyhoo all this leads me to needed a new 4 bolt SS ring & bolts to fit a LX crank. What can you suggest?

ash.addy
    Free Member

renthal

OCB
    Free Member

Surly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    angryratio
    Free Member

steel bolts and the above mentioned quality rings

andyl
    Free Member

also the On One stainless one but it’s not reversible like the Surly and I think E13 do a nice alloy one like the Renthal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blimey Charlie its new chainring and bolts time then…’ is closed to new replies.