Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 227 total)
  • Blimey. Binners has been busy.
  • peekay

Mr Binners continues to produce great pieces of art.

Here is a commission that he has been working on for me. It arrived a few days ago and has just been put up in prize position in the kitchen.

Me and my partner doing the things we love in the area we love living in. Leith Hill Tower, Ranmore, Denbie’s, Dorking (home), Box Hill and London in the background.

If anybody is struggling to think of a gift for somebody then drop Binners a message and see what he can do for you.

Having something on the wall that is so unique and personal feels very special.

Thanks Ad.

slowoldman

Maybe I should commission a nice image of Piccadilly Station approach complete with the Tap and Greggs.

Looks good that though.

binners

Thanks very much for posting that up Pete. I do love seeing them up where they belong

Here’s the image:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/P6B2PA]Leith Hill[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

i was really happy with it, and glad you are too.

I have to say that it is a genuine pleasure, and an honour, that people trust me to portray the people and the places that they love. It really is humbling. Mrs Binners thinks its absolutely hilarious how much I agonise over them, when they’re one off like this. She says that I’m never nervous about anything (translation: you’re a cocky little gobshite) except when I’m sending finished artwork through to people to see what they think. Its horrendous! Its so personal that I end up a bloody wreck

Anyway… enough of my self-indulgence. I get to draw pictures for a living. I’ve not really got owt to moan about, have I?

Oh… and Slowoldman… thats not a million miles away from something I’m working on at the moment 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

And while I’m in blowing my own trumpet mode – as if I’m ever in any other mode – heres the final of 3 pieces I did for Biketreks up in Ings. A picture of their shop, up as you walk into the shop. Its a trifling little 4.5m wide whole wall affair

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PQr9uM]14086225_1194002720671893_6746289254936298030_o[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

I’ve not seen it in the flesh yet. But, once again, how bloody lucky do I feel that people want me to do stuff like this? 😀

MoreCashThanDash

I hope you don’t charge by the inch! 😉

Lovely work again. One day I’ll find the space, the money and the agreeable wife for the big MNPR montage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hope you don’t charge by the inch!

Only at weekends…..

MoreCashThanDash

Flash – if you charge by the inch, I can probably afford it. 😆

peekay

The Biketreks one looks great. They seem to scale very well.

Fella coming down the hill on the bike needs to watch out for that closed gate though.

Bregante

I prefer the version on peekays wall to the one you posted binbins. I think the two flying saucers finish it off nicely.

binners

I’m not going to stop this you know. I can keep this thread going for ever. You’ll get bored before I do* 🙂

The last big piece has just gone up at Biketreks up in’t lakes, and its fair to say I’m quite pleased with it. The reworked illustration is of riders stood on the slipway of the Hawkshead ferry, looking over Windermere

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PVC1nx]3rd Biketreks image[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PmRb3b]Print[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

* yes, I’m sure you all are already

IHN

I’m still to be convinced that Binners’ new ‘career’ as an artist is not just a rouse cooked up by his carers to stop him pestering the other clients at the daycare centre.

*patronising voice* “And you’re doing very well, aren’t you Adam?”

“He’s no idea, bless ‘im, but it keeps him happy”

binners

I’VE STILL GOT ALL ME OWN TEETH!!!! 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’VE STILL GOT ALL ME OWN TEETH!!!!

Creepiest. Necklace. Ever.

binners

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the lot of you!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QjqwM3]Merry Christmas[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

A huge, and genuinely heartfelt thank you to all of you who’ve been so supportive of me wielding the crayons, and making it such an amazing year.

Have a great day, you lot!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Ohh, I hadn’t seen the one of The Struggle. Can you buy that as print?

binners

You can indeed. It’s one of two. The other one is looking up the Kikstone Pass with the pub and the turbines in at the top

Nipper99
    Free Member

Where and how Binners?

binners

Depends what size you’re after mate. I can do them in any colour option too. If you drop me an email on rowlinsonadam@gmail.com i can send you some options through, when I’ve got festive shenanigans out of the way.

Have a great Christmas! 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll be up to see you in the new year Pal.. I’ve a big blank wall that needs filing.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just to say, that red version of the Stoodley Pike print is on my wall tonight, that’s me about to drop off the front of the hill.
    Wonderful piece of art.

binners

Well… new year, same old tedious blowing of my own trumpet.

Just thought I’d share another big print done for a Christmas present. This was a Ramsbottom landscape commissioned by Andy for his wife, both of whom are pictured descending Holcombe Hill, with the Flying Scotsman pulling into Rammy station, then Scout Moor Turbines and Manchester in the background. This was printed and framed absolutely mahoosive. 😀

I intend to keep this thread going until the end of time, you know?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QFpwPJ]Print[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

hot_fiat

That’s awesome, my son would love that – it’s got everything: trains, bicycles, churches with clocks and windmills!

tthew

Holcombe Hill, with the Flying Scotsman pulling into Rammy station, then Scout Moor Turbines and Manchester in the background

Needed a UFO to really finish it off. 😀

Nice that, what does HEAPS mean on the side of the Scotsman’s tender?

perchypanther
    Free Member

what does HEAPS mean

Helping Everyone Appreciate Pastry Surrounds?

binners

Blimey! PP nails it again!

And so the endless stream of self-promotional consciousness continues in its tedious ‘everybody look at me’ manner. Yawnsville. New and excitingly for 2017 – I’ve had the routings out, for a selection of greetings cards going to print this week. Soon to be seen in discerning bike shops near you. Possibly……

binners

Just thought I’d post this one up, as my Spitfire illustration had gone down well. I drew up a Hurricane to accompany that and the Lancaster, to finish off my Battle of Britain memorial flight illustration

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R87yiY]Battle of Britain[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

It also qualifies for the ‘aaaaaaargh my eye’ thread 😀

binners

And so the ceaseless self promotion continues. I’ve been slacking of late, but I’m particularly chuffed with this one

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RUJfkr]Imperial Cycles Winter Series[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

A commission thats just winged its way to its new owners and recently presented to them, and an absolute pleasure to do.

Commissioned by the riders to say thanks to the guys at Imperial Cycles in London, now bowing out after running the winter race series for 11 years.

A bit different as its track racing so I had no landscape to work with, so tried to get an element of speed into it. Looks lovely all framed up at 50 x 70cm 😀

matt_outandabout

I likey.

theotherjonv

Love the awesome skills one – if that was ever to be available as a T-shirt I’d be in!

Kahurangi

I see myself in that awesome skillz one… when the gradient is nice and steep and you don’t land anywhere near the bike….

mahalo

Another original binners commission, an unoriginal idea blatantly nicked from these pages but adapted to show Summerseat Viaduct, Holcombe hill (with me aboard bike + dog) Scout Moor, Winter Hill and the Reebok in the distance. A heathery, greeny grey colour scheme to match the local terrain and a bit of geographical bastardisation et voila…

Bunnyhop

LIKE.

binners

mahalo – between us we’ve achieved an outstanding piece of geographical vandalism!

Thanks for posting that up. I do love seeing them up, in situ 😀

mahalo

its the only bit of furniture in the house so far! maybe shouldve waited for a proper in-situ effort…

matt_outandabout

I likey. (again)

binners

I told you I’d keep resurrecting this thread. And seeing as I’ve been away on my hollybobs, and haven’t drawn owt for weeks, I’ve got the felt tips out again. So here’s a picture of the Ardeche. Its very purple 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RLXL8U]Ardeche panoramic for Alex (purples)[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Alex

I really must take a pic of that in situ! It’s about the desk I use when working from home. And it always raises a smile/wistful check of calendar for when we’re going back.

Without wishing to be a Binners Fanboi (I assume that would make me a Greggs?), not only is he tip top with crayon in hand, he’s also a lovely fella to do business with. The whole process from me sending Ads some random photographs to this final print was really enjoyable.

And it’s also accurate; that’s me at the back 🙂

bazhall
    Free Member

Another Binners creation. Bought this one for my dad for his 60th and he loves it. Thanks Binners

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EBPRtj]Untitled[/url] by Barry Hall, on Flickr

weeksy

Go and take it again…. straight this time !

bazhall
    Free Member

I’ve straightened it up in flickr for you weeksy :wink:. I’ll let my dad know that the photo has to be retaken so it’s straight and in better light

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘Blimey. Binners has been busy.’ is closed to new replies.