Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 227 total)
  • Blimey. Binners has been busy.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

That doesn’t work for me, the tape on the darkside gets a bit lost in the background.

binners

PP – We’re all mrsfry-curious surely? 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Fair point about bar tape, not sure what the best alternative would be with the colours behind it though.

stumpy01

+1 on the tape getting lost. Might work if the coloured band was moved over a shufty to the left? Unless there’s some kind of designer negative space type thing going on that has whizzed over my head?

+1 on the font not looking right. I think if it runs from the brake hose then it needs to look like brake hose for the entire length of the word…..

Finally – probably an optical illusion, but because the riser bars go upwards, the horizontal-ness of the roadie bars doesn’t look right. They almost look like they are sloping down a bit, but I think it’s just because they are straight and the risers are pointing up…..

Would I stick it on my wall….? Nope…..although just looked on your website & that graphic image of the green landscape on a white background with the yellow sun is awesome. I’d find somewhere for that one a wall.

binners

Good point pigface. Sometimes you’ve been staring at something on screen so long, you don’t notice whats staring you in the face. I’ve now run the stripes a lot wider behind the bars. Thanks

perchypanther
    Free Member

PP – We’re all mrsfry-curious surely?

fry-curious 😉

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I quite like the over-exposed white bar tape (won’t stay that colour :wink:) and the Ultegra shifter in contrasting black. I agree about the font but I get that it needs to be joined up. The hyphen doesn’t help with giving that impression. Could you lose that?

binners

Stumpy – you can also have that one done in any colours you like to suit your decor. Just saying’ 😉

Just had one back from the framers, 2 metres wide in reds and oranges. In an orange powder coated alloy frame. It looks bloody brilliant! Even if I do say so myself

rOcKeTdOg

the mtb bar needs to be wider 😉

or be a jones loop 😆

binners

I’ve had a busy old day today. I’ve also done this

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ENqaLv]MNPR montage (50 x 70) 2[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Which includes the original MNPR version of this design. Along with a number of other MNPR poster things. Check this out for a huge glowing testament to the amount of time I waste doing nonsense like this, instead of anything constructive 😀

rOcKeTdOg

*likes*

MoreCashThanDash

That MNPR montage is amazing. I’ve never ridden with you as its a trek from Derby and Wednesday is Night Pub Ride round these parts, but the posters on the threads are a highlight of my sad and lonely existence week.

binners

I know its self-indulgent and narcissistic of me to keep resurrecting this thread, but hey… I’m self-indulgent and narcissistic 😉

And I do find this is a good place to canvas opinion. So lets have your thoughts on this one please?

I’ve had a number of requests regarding this one. “Why haven’t you done one of Stoodley Pike?” is a regular question on night rides. And theres no excuse really. Other than I’ve been drawing other stuff. So here it is. I’ve finally got round to it. Its a depiction of looking back towards Lancashire. I know its not geographically accurate. I’ve no interest in that. Its more a suggestion of what the landscape in that direction contains. So lots of turbines, and the mast at Rivi.

So to anyone who asked me, or anyone else… what do you think?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FKti3P]Stoodley Pike looking towards Lancashire[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

allthepies
    Free Member

Minecraft Pike 🙂

dazh

I’ll have one. On a point of order, all you’d need to do to make it geographically accurate is put Stoodley on the left, although I’m guessing that would spoil the composition. Or keep it the same way and the turbines could be those over at Ogden looking towards Yorkshire. Not that anyone would be interested in looking towards Yorkshire. I’ve always thought the subliminal point of Stoodley Pike is to act as a marker warning people that beyond lies a strange land with strange people. Considering Hebden Bridge is right behind it that’s not too far off the mark 🙂

Bregante

Nice that binners.

Mine is up on our landing now 😀

binners

Nice one Fella! Your guests can check out the swearyness 😉

Daz – I’m getting a print run ready at the moment. Hence not riding later. Got a few things need to be at the printers tomorrow. For authenticity it is actually being printed in Tod. Best digital print set up I’ve yet come across. Which is handy!

Should have them back and framed this week

binners

And while I’m being self-indulgent and narcissistic and showing off new work…. here’s a commission I did recently for Col P (of this parish) from a photo he sent me of his son in Morzine. My interpretation of it…..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EQsxBg]Alps panoramic for Col[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

If you do want a portrait doing of yourself or your offspring/long suffering partner, give us a shout.

colp

It got hung up yesterday in our apartment, looks great!

binners

That looks great Col! I absolutely love seeing pictures of my work where they were destined to be. Especially one off pieces like that. Thanks for posting that up! 🙂

Pook

I think I’m going to save up for another

dazh

It got hung up yesterday in our apartment, looks great!

Think I might need to buy some new cushions before I post up a picture of mine when I receive it.

Bunnyhop

Think I might need to buy some new cushions

Or have some made. I’m the very person 🙂

binners

I just thought I’d resurrect this again, not just to satisfy my narcissistic tendencies (pay me more attention or I’ll scweam until I’m sick!) but because

a) Its exactly a year since all this nonsense started. And what a year its been! Phew!
    b) The Stoodley Pike design is back from the printers, and the first one has been framed and is now gracing its new home

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FqzLXh]Stoodley Pike in Blue[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Watch out for another thread regarding this design over the next week. I’ve had a one off of print of this done in pinks. Its a total one off. The only one that will ever be printed. Looks really good too. I’m going to get it framed and then its going up for auction to whoever fancies it. All the money will go to Jenns charities

Watch this space…..

binners

I’m going to keep on doing this, you know. I’m going to keep resurrecting this thread any time I’m feeling like a bit of flagrant self-promotion. And I’ve just done this to mark the 40’s weekend in Rammy this weekend. And I’m quite pleased with it. So there! 😛

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HoBC2q]Print[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

bearnecessities

It’s a bit “Arrggh my eye”

MoreCashThanDash

I’m still waiting for the coffee table book of MNPR posters…..

Bregante

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    I’m still waiting for the coffee table book of MNPR posters…..

Nah. They’re too good to keep covered up in a book….

Pretty much every one of these little works of art bring back memories of top rides* with a good bunch of lads and ladies. Makes me smile every time I look at it as I’m walking downstairs in the morning.

*Apart from the BMX one of course. 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Bregante – I’d move the toilet into a bigger room just so I could enjoy looking at that every day. 😀

binners

Right you lot. Here’s your chance to come and see, in the flesh/on the paper some absolutely stunning, cycling-themed artwork produced by an incredibly talented artist.

I’ll have some of my stuff on show there as well! 😀

Come and say hello to myself and Beate , who’s amazing watercolours regularly grace the pages of Singletrack (yes… apparently theres a magazine)

We’re at Blazing Saddles cycles in Hebden Bridge, this Saturday (25th) from 11. Theres loads of other stuff going on as well, as part of Hebden Bridge arts festival

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HVTgkb]Paper trails poster[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

MoreCashThanDash

No way I could get up there to see it, but great work from both of you.

colp

You’re welcome to put some up for sale in the cafe if you like?
    Maybe sort a little card or flyer too.

Bregante

I fully intended to ride over to Hebden on Saturday morning. I even suggested it to Wittonweavers and Co yesterday.

…and then the lovely Mrs B reminded me that it’s my daughters birthday.

binners

Cheers Col! I’ll be in touch about that. Thanks!

Just going to send a new Lake District design to print, which should hopefully be back for the weekend 🙂

binners

As promised, my flagrant self promotion continues at pace. I’ve actually been doing a bit of darkside stuff for you lycra wearing types. Heres the view down the Kirkstone Pass, down the struggle, towards Windermere

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Kd9Bkx]Print[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Come and say hello if you’re at Northern Grip next weekend. Theres new designs afoot, including a new T Shirt print I’m particularly chuffed with, which is definitely a departure from the normal style

binners

I seem to have been neglecting my shameless self-promotion of late. Don’t worry… I’ve not become any less narcissistic or self-absorbed. I do appear to have gone increasingly roadie though. Hmmmmmm. Not sure how thats happened…

Anyway… I’ve just drawn this. It is going to be printed absolutely mahooooosive on an entire wall. My life is hell. I don’t know how I cope

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LTjAXx]Print[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Surely that roadie should be in an aero tuck?

[edit] stare at it long enough and he could be going in either direction, maybe the wheels or bike need an outline to make it obvious?

jonnyrobertson

Actually now.you mention it TINAS, I’m liking the ambiguity of it.

Marvellous work Binbins, all of it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think it’s because he’s on the left of the road too, if he were to the right then he’d be coming towards you.

jimmy

shouldn’t he be off the bike and running?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘Blimey. Binners has been busy.’ is closed to new replies.