• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Bleeding Magura Lousie Brakes
  • giantjason
    Free Member

was looking on the web last week and found these instructions to bleed Magura Lousie brakes.

8. Make sure the reservoir is completely full and re-install the reservoir membrane and cap with torx screw.
    9. Important step – Place the pads back in the caliper, but do not secure them. Take the caliper fitting screws completely out of the mounting tabs so the caliper is free. Now re-install the wheel with the rotor. Place the caliper with pads on the rotor without fitting screws. Push fluid into the system with the bleed syringe still attached to the caliper. Stop pushing on syringe when you feel resistance. This will set the pistons/pads on the rotor for the particular pad wear and put the maximum amount of fluid in the system. 8. Make sure the reservoir is completely full and re-install the reservoir membrane and cap with torx screw.
    9. Important step – Place the pads back in the caliper, but do not secure them. Take the caliper fitting screws completely out of the mounting tabs so the caliper is free. Now re-install the wheel with the rotor. Place the caliper with pads on the rotor without fitting screws. Push fluid into the system with the bleed syringe still attached to the caliper. Stop pushing on syringe when you feel resistance. This will set the pistons/pads on the rotor for the particular pad wear and put the maximum amount of fluid in the system.

This is near the end of the bleed. However it tells you to push oil back into the system. When i did this tonight and took the syringe out the oil came straight back out of the opening. This meant when i put it all back together the brake lever was similar to when i started. Any ideas as i still dont have a very good brake lever and have to pull some distance before it engages?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding Magura Lousie Brakes’ is closed to new replies.