Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bleeding guide brakes
  • cubist
    Free Member

My rear Guide RS needs bleeding. I have the epic kit but every bleed just ends up with the lever pulling to the bar. I followed this guide here but when I remove the top syringe from the lever loads of fluids pours out before i can get the cap in. Any tips or tricks to help me get this sorted?

nickdavies

Yeah follow the sram tech doc on it.
    That enduro guide is wrong in at least one place, it doesn’t tell you to close the lever syringe before bleeding the calliper, didn’t get further than that, this may or may not be important.

I also push a lot more fluid through than that guide says. Are you using fresh pads? Is the lever feel firm with the syringe in then it pulls to the bar once you take it out? You always lose a bit of fluid when you pull the syringe out but it shouldn’t be enough to ruin the bleed.

rickon
    Free Member

As above, you overfill the lever a bit, so oil will come out of the bleed port. Doesn’t matter, it’s just what happens.

Make sure you’ve got the rear wound all the way out, so the lever is far away from the bars.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

had the same issue with mine spewing fluid everywhere. Just put the screw in ASAP and it will be fine. Mine are ok. It does seem like all the fluid spills out though, but there must be something left in there!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I use MBR online instruction

submarined
    Free Member

I had a similar issue. It’s one of the reasons I sold them in the end. Total PITA. I did finally get a decent ish bleed by ensuring that the lever adjusters were backed off all the way (mine were RSCs), and I stuck the bleed screw in as fast as I possibly could!
    I then got Hopes, where shortening the hose was a total PITA, but the bleed was an absolute joy!

oldeh
    Free Member

I follow the sram video always had a good bleed first time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding guide brakes’ is closed to new replies.