Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bleeding brakes overnight?
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

My shimano 575’s are now working OK but I still recon they can be better. I’ve read on here a few folk talking about bleeding brakes overnight, why would this make a difference and what part do I leave overnight?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think they mean you have to spend all night pulling on the syringes, tapping on the calipers & levers & hoses, whispering to your bottom bracket and counting your spokes backwards.

takisawa2

Zip-tie the levers to the bars & leave overnight. That works.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Joe

yeh. Then refill the top reservoir. It’s not ideal. It can give you quite good results.

teef
    Free Member

Protect your grips if using zip ties or use tape instead

krag
    Free Member

Hairbands are good for nocturnal brake bleeding.

MrNutt
    Free Member

shhh Krag, thats a secret!

yodagoat
    Free Member
    yodagoat
    Free Member

Anyone got any idea?

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

its very simple, stand your bike upright, loosen your brake levers,then make sure that your brake reservoir are level,tighten them back up,and then undo the lids.place a zip tie or hairband over your levers and leave over night,if you can be bothered to watch,every so often you will see a little air bubble rise,after a few hours it can add up too quite a lot of air,and make a considerable difference,you may also have to add a bit more blake fluid depending on how much air came out.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or, just zip tie your levers as tight as you can to the bars overnight, this compresses any air bubbles and alows them to rise up the hose more easily. When you release the levers in the morning (when you brake the hose is sealed off from the resevoir by a port in the master cylinder) the bubble escapes into the resevoir where it does no harm.

Tends to need doing after a flight for example when the levers might get squeezed on/off a lot when not upright allowing any air in the resevoir to get into the hose.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding brakes overnight?’ is closed to new replies.