Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bleeding & boiler question
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just had a new boiler and radiators put in.

It was great the first night after it was put in but it was powerflushed the next day and it had some air left in the system.

So I want to bleed the radiators.

But my previous bosch worcester boiler had an expansion tank, whereas this one (an R1) does not but has this guage underneath :

which has a pressure reading.

What does this mean – is the system gravity feed or pressurised from the mains ?

And are there any implications for bleeding, will I have to make some adjustments to bring the guage reading back to its central position after bleeding ?

I was hoping the plumber would be back round in a couple of days with a vertical radiator to be installed in the living room and I was going to ask him then, but he has just started a new job – as an accountant !!!

So I won’t be seeing him again (got the gas-safe certificate though) and will have to wait for the builder, who is project managing the refurb, to get another plumber in.

Bear
    Free Member

That is an automatic bypass valve and it ensures minimum flow through the boiler. It will have very little effect on air removal but will need to have been set correctly.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

so bleed away as normal then ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

done, the only problem was the freshly bought radiator keys I got from robert dyas wouldn’t fit 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding & boiler question’ is closed to new replies.