Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bleeding a replacement lever
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Due to an unfortunate mishap (I-spec bolt ripped out and snapped the clamp) I’ve had to buy a new Zee lever. I know how to bleed Shimano brakes and have the cup thing, and also have a spare barb and olive, so I’m good to go. I was just going to go caliper up, but anything I need to do differently with a completely empty lever?

chakaping
    Free Member

Couldn’t imagine why.

Just make sure you have lots of oil in the syringe?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Can’t think of anything, just wondered if there were any awkward nooks and crannies in a completely dry one. Will I need to trim the end of the hose a bit?

chakaping
    Free Member

Wind the lever all the way open, yeah.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes

colp

Don’t forget the old flick the lever trick to get the last bubbles out.

nickdavies

Never had cause to fit a new caliper but I reckon I’d fill it with the hose hole facing up first, that should get any air out then fit it on the bike, then bleed as normal.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers colp, got that one.

Caliper is currently still full, lever still attached to the hose, just not to the bars anymore! I reckon if I keep the hose upright no air should get anywhere near the caliper.

colp

Just did exactly the same thing with 2 sets of Saints, my lad wanted the lever/masters with no scratches on. Kept the hoses upright at the bars with elastic bands, dropped a few drops of mineral oil into the exposed ports on the lever, screwed the hoses back on, mini bleed from caliper.
    Both came out perfect with minimal lever travel (a miracle for Saints!)

thegreatape
    Free Member

Aye that’s what I was thinking of.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding a replacement lever’ is closed to new replies.