Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bleedin' Hope X2 Evos …
  • mattjg
    Free Member

My trusty 6mm plastic tube I use on my Mini Monos and M4s is too big for the new style bleed nipple.

What size tube do I need?

(And where can I buy a new diaphragm?)

Ta.

mattjg
    Free Member

(Looks like the Mono M4 diaphragms in my spares bin will fit.)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any LBS should be able to order the parts from hope or IIRC they are on CRC etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

You don’t say if you’re using the race or tech lever with your x2. Either way, I’m pretty certain you spare is not going to fit. Unless you’ve mullered the old one, it can be reused if you’re careful.

mattjg
    Free Member

Ta TJ, already looked on CRC of course – not that I can see.

mattjg
    Free Member

You don’t say if you’re using the race or tech lever with your x2. Either way, I’m pretty certain you spare is not going to fit. Unless you’ve mullered the old one, it can be reused if you’re careful.

I’ve not mullered it, I’ve lost it in the garage. It pinged out of my hand while I was about to refit it, bounced off the car and I can’t find it for half an hour’s looking. GAHHHHHHHHH!

I hope that mental image has brightened someone’s Sunday morning.

I see no Race X2 service kit on CRC by the way.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

CRC don’t usually hold all of the Hope stuff in stock, they order it from Hope, get it sent to Ireland, then it come to you. You may find you local Hope dealler is a better bet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’ve dropped it, look under the fridge.

mattjg
    Free Member

If anyone actually knows what diameter bleed tube I need, that’s what I want to know.

mattjg
    Free Member

If anyone actually knows what diameter bleed tube I need, that’s what I want to know.

More likely: it’s under the dead mouse that the cat dropped under the car while I was cursing my cack-handedness.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Guessing it will be 4 or 5 mm, as 6mm is too big. The smaller size should force on, giving a reasonable seal. (warm it up if needed)
    +1 on under the fridge!

mattjg
    Free Member

For the record, the diaphragm is the same as the ’07 Mono Mini/M4 levers, part number HBSP193:

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/mini2007mcylexploded.PDF
    http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/2012RACEEVOMCylexploded.pdf

Crofts, y if it ain’t 6mm it’s gotta be 4 or 5. OK off to Wickes I go.

(HBSP = Hope Brakes Spare Part ?)

soobalias
    Free Member

ooh, im hose shortening a set of those today. praps i will check my bleed kit before i start

mattjg
    Free Member

ooh, im hose shortening a set of those today. praps i will check my bleed kit before i start

right I can help with this cos I nearly ****ed it up yday:
    * watch the vid! don’t loose the copper washer
    * the fit of the nozzle in the hose is VERY tight I had to use pliers and grunt to get it out
    * the olive is very tight too, esp to get back on
    * use good quality cable cutters and make sure the hose is as straight as poss at the point you are cutting it. This makes getting the olive back on easier (or should I say possible)
    * cut a little off the hose and do a dry run of refitting the bits before you do the full cut
    * I cut my hose to the same length as the Mono Mini it was replacing BUT ALLOW A FEW MORE CM BECAUSE THE X2 SHROUD IS SHORTER AND THE HOSE RUNS CLOSER TO THE RESERVOIR SO IT NEEDS TO BE A BIT LONGER (1)

(1) it’s OK I got away with it, but another 5cm would have been better

mattjg
    Free Member

& remember the shroud needs to go back on the hose BEFORE the olive

mattjg
    Free Member

& make sure the shroud is good and tight on the lever assembly before you pump the lever. You possibly get away without a bleed.

soobalias
    Free Member

nice one mattjg – i will have to find a different bit to screw up.

mattjg
    Free Member

Yeah, I musta’ missed something …

mattjg
    Free Member

Fair bit of air in mine by the way so I did need a bleed, however I did make the error above of not tightening the shroud enough before I first pulled the lever.

I got a bit of hose from the local hardware store for 50p, I dno what size it is. Big up to Cummins of Dorking!

A just-under-brim-full reservoir can take 4 good pulls on the lever before it needs a top-up (just).

Let us know how you get on!

itstig

I like goodridge hoses, a bit expensive but no olives and all of the fittings are re usable. I also bleed mine from the caliper using a syringe filling slowly from the caliper to the lever. The air rises with the brake fluid into the reservoir. I use a second syringe to take out excess from the reservoir ’til there are no more bubbles. Doing mine later hope its not too much faff.

mattjg
    Free Member

As for the Myster of the Missing Diaphragm – when I turned my bike upside down ( 😯 ) to fit the wheel it fell on the floor, I reckon it was restng in cammo on a tyre.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad you found it. That sort of thing niggles at me forever.

mattjg
    Free Member

ta. But I’m going to look under the fridge anyway.

mattjg
    Free Member

For the record Hope say the nipple needs a tube of 4mm internal diameter for bleeding.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’ve just been filing some receipts and found that I used 3mm (1/8″) car screen wash hose earlier in the year. Fitting nicely over the bleed nipple and a Lure lok to the syringe.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bleedin' Hope X2 Evos …’ is closed to new replies.