Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bleedin a reverb
  • soobalias
    Free Member

got a spangly new droppy post, with a super long hose

how hard is it to shorten the hose and bleed? same as brakes or harder?

which end of the hose is easiest to chop, post end or remote end?

any other tips gratefully received.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I chopped the remote end. dead easy. didn’t need bleeding. use a sharp stanley to get the hose off the barbed connector. Cut the hose with good cutters. ‘Thread’ the barb back in. Job done.

soobalias
    Free Member

now that, is just what i wanted to hear.

goatster
    Free Member

If its a new one, the remote end is threaded not barbed, Use a 7mm spanner to release it from the remote and then to turn it off the hose. cut the hose down, rethread the connector, turn the remote onto the conector, tighten with the 7mm. set the speed adjuster to slow, bleed using the two syringes, take off the seatpost end first, blip the remote a few time to make sure the plunger isnt full of air… job done

soobalias
    Free Member

that sounds like a load more faff.

can i check that bit, after bleeding, remove the seatpost syringe, then blip the remote, then remove the remote syringe…

craigxxl
    Free Member

Look on Youtube for an SRAM step by step guide. Really simple to do, just don’t try and rush it.

smogmonster

Its a 10 minute job. I did the exact same a few days ago. Watch the Video on Youtube and its easy. I have zero mechanical ability (genuinely none whatsoever), and i found it a doddle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bleedin a reverb’ is closed to new replies.