Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bleed Shimano BL-M505 brakes
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to bleed these brakes please.
    All the guides I can find are for newer type levers with a bleed port.

cheers

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

it’s a diaphragm jobby, need a 7mm wrench, bottle and hose and the requisite torx wrench.

windysurfer
    Free Member

So I just put a syringe on the caliper bleed nipple, remove the top cover, press the plunger and catch any overflow in a rag?

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

no, it’s more complicated than that. need to feed from the lever, if it’s a rear brake will need a mate to help really or remove the caliper from the bike and attach it to the front fork is usually easiest.

need a bottle to catch what you are feeding in from the lever, it’s very much a pat your head and rub your belly situation. Bike shop is probably best as they will have the necessary kit!

scotroutes

Yes. Do it slowly so that any air bubbles have a chance to escape. It can help to tap the hose with a screwdriver handle or similar before you bleed too. Try to get the hose as vertical as possible. For the rear it helps if you detach it from the bike or get the bike in the workstand almost on its back wheel.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

done this one before scotroutes? I was just going of what the tech docs say!

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you are doing a calliper upwards bleed I find a second syringe to suck excess fluid out of the reservoir a cleaner way of doing it. Having a second person to do this as you squeeze the lower syringe makes it a doddle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bleed Shimano BL-M505 brakes’ is closed to new replies.