Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bleed kit for SRAM RSC brakes?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking the standard SRAM/Avid offering isn’t up to much?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Sram Pro kit is a lot nicer

benpinnick

Reverb syringes work well

mindmap3
    Free Member

I was too tight to buy the pro kit so bought the Epic one which has been fine so far.

nuke

Another vote for Epic kit…good fast comms too from Alex when i emailed with a query

frogstomp

If it’s the new version (with the S4 caliper) you will need the SRAM Bleeding Edge connector for the caliper end.

deadkenny
    Free Member

benpinnick – Member 
    Reverb syringes work well

Bloody awful for bleeding Reverbs though. They leak!

Got two sets and all four syringes leak out of the hose ends. That’s with the Reverb fluid (2.5wt stuff).

Old Avid kid for bleeding Avid dot 5.1 stuff and never had a problem with that.

Is it the syringes or the different oil with the Reverb that makes it more likely to leak out the ends? (thinner oil than dot stuff?)

Got syringes that came from TF Tuned also for doing fork lowers, but those are rubbish too. The rubber bit inside got swollen, stuck and ended up pulling it right out and now it won’t go back in. Didn’t use it for brakes, just for the forks.

joebristol

Another vote for epic bleed kits. I was too tight to buy the sram one and epic wad £15 including fluid. Only thing missing was a brake bleed block. I had a perfect size set of pliers that fitted through the caliper exactly right.

Brakes were dragging horribly before bleeding, but now feel perfect.

Had an epic kit for my magura hs33s too and that did the job well.

funkweasel
    Free Member

Question: I bled mine just before…. well when I met up with Ben at Hamsterley… I followed some video guide – might have been from BikeRadar…

Anyway, they were a bit TOO bled, after I’d finished – I only have the RS so no contact point adjustment. New pads too, but there’s only a tiny bit of movement before they bite, which I can cope with but I’d preferred about another 5mm of lever movement before any action happened.

I’ve not touched them since because they’re a pain in the hoop to bleed… but what could I have done different? I messed up the first time as I didn’t pressurise the system from the lever end the first time… maybe I did too much there?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bleed kit for SRAM RSC brakes?’ is closed to new replies.