Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • bl**dy cheek… ( semi rant )
  • grynch
    Free Member

I don’t believe the cheek of some people…

Mrs G and I have a holiday cottage down Cornwall and while we need to get booking’s in season we’ve always told friends that out of season if you want to stay there you are welcome to and you’ll only have to pay the cleaner at the end of the week.

Ok, Mrs. G just got an email from a friend of hers… it seems her son and his girlfriend want to go down in March. His girlfriends parents live about 10 miles away but either the parents don’t want them there, or more likely they don’t want to stay with the parents.

And to top if off she tells us… oh they don’t have much money but she is a “pretty good” cleaner so would it be ok not to pay the cleaner?

So let me get this straight.. She wants us to invite into our cottage a teenage couple, whom we’ve never met, who are not welcome in her parents home ( probably because they want to shag like sheep ) and they are too skint even to cough up £40.00 at the end of the week.

oh yaaaa…. let me just try to remember now where I left the keys…

Stoner
    Free Member

You are Nicholas “the grynch” van hoogstraten and I claim my £5!

grynch
    Free Member

err, come again?

grynch
    Free Member

Family

Hoogstraten has six children by four different women: five sons and one daughter. The eldest child was born in 1985 and the youngest in 2008.
    errr,, no… really not me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Nicholas Van Hoogstraten built a barn over a footpath and called the Ramblers Assocation “scum with no part in society” (or suchlike) when they protested…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

just tell ’em it’s already booked

oldgit
    Free Member

A ride for a ride?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Chances are they will not clean it to the standard you woul expect, if at all. Either as PDF said tell them its booked, or ask them to cough up the money in advance for the cleaner which you will give them back if they do actually clean it properly.

Personally I would tell them to go forth and multiply. Most of our friends who run holiday businesses are seeing really good advanced bookings this year because of the exchange rate, so you will likely be able to rent it that week

atlaz
    Free Member

My parents stopped loaning their holiday home to people they didn’t know well because they’d come to it and find the place a mess. Empties left inside the house, rubbish in the bin and unflushed toilets are bad enough if you’re in the next day, but if you pitch up 2 months later it can piss people off.

Drac

They’re asking they could have lied and said it was them, politely turn them down.

takisawa2

Tell them to **** off.
    Cheeky barstewards.

andym
    Free Member

Just say ‘No sorry, either the cleaner cleans (and they pay), or no deal’.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Them shagging like sheep makes little difference, so long as the house is left clean. As above, pay for cleaner or no deal. If the parents dont want them, you dont either.

binners

Set up some cameras, then sell the DVD

wors

Damn, Binners got there before me.

Del

just tell ’em you have to be sure the place is maintained to a certain standard for the comfort of paying guests and that is for the good of your business and point out that 40 quid rent for a cottage for a week is pretty good value.

Pook

maybe they’re a good couple of kids who the parents are letting have some independence?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Binners is a dutty bastid. Dunno which is worsererer; him or Hora…

Just tell them that the place has to be regularly inspected, as part of the insurance deal, and the cleaner is the only person authorised to inspect/maintain the property, and therefore still has to be paid.

FFS; it’s £40. How are they getting there, walking??

thomthumb
    Free Member

they only have to save a fiver a week each between now and then. If thay haven’t got the savvt/ inclination to do that then don’t bother.

johni
    Free Member

Hijack: Where is the cottage? I’m looking for a place in Cornwall for a 3 week holiday probably June. Can you send details? johnringham at yahoo dot co dot uk.

Ta

grynch
    Free Member

p.s…. it’s just on the edge of Bodmin moor.. about half an hour to Looe, 40 mins to Padstow, north shore, watergate bay and such..

Daveb575
    Free Member

Holiday cottage in Cornwall in March you could rent that out a piece of p*ss. I agree with piedi, tell em its booked.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fek me. That’s one beautiful cottage. If someone offered me that for £40 a week, I’d rip their arm off.

Tell ’em to sling their hook.

corroded
    Free Member

No need to feel bad about turning down such cheapskates.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t lie – tell them either that you don’t know them well enough, or that the deal is cleaner or no dice. Whichever you’d rather.

grynch
    Free Member

Peter, thanks.. Mrs. G’s mum used to live there (when she was alive that is) and we’ve recently had it remodelled.. come out rather nice I think.

and as it’s a good friend of mrs. G.. the lad’s mum that is… she’s agreed to let them have it but they will be paying cleaning costs.

surfer
    Free Member

As Molegrips says, tell them the truth. Sound like freeloaders to me.

Looks like a nice place.

Stoner
    Free Member

Tell them you’ll be sweeping the place with one of those CSI UV lamps, and if you so much as spot a single spunk mark on the Laura Ashley wallpaper you’ll be so mad….

matt_outandabout

I bet they would spend a tad more than £40 through the week on petrol/booze/food/etc – if they are that skint, they mebbe shouldn’t be on holiday…

We have a caravan on the edge of the Lakes and run it on a ‘donations’ basis for friends – works well 99% of the time, but we get the occasional cheeky one who doesn’t pay a dime….I had to call one lot and suggest that was not really acceptable, not even to have coughed up the £10-20 of gas and leccy they used in a week…

MrNutt
    Free Member

the Ramblers Assocation “scum with no part in society”

sounds like a sound and well reasoned argument 😆

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘bl**dy cheek… ( semi rant )’ is closed to new replies.