Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Blaze safety light – crowdsourced funding
  • haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Hi all

I saw this on the Telegraph business website today

It’s a light that projects a picture of a bike on the road ahead, to reduce the chance of a driver pulling out in front of you or cutting in when overtaking. Seems like a good idea, so I’ve pledged to support the project.

Having not come across this kickstarter system before, it seems to be a way for inventors / entrepreneurs to get pre-orders for a product that they’re trying to produce.

When I placed my order, they’d raised £16k out of £25 sought, closing date is 23rd December.

Have a look, if you like the look of it as much as I did, make a pledge and pre-order a light.

Barnaby

40mpg

I had something similar to this turn up on my bike club email about a year ago – except for a rear light.

It shone two parallel red laser lines on the ground about 6ft behind the bike, about a handlebar width apart.

Produced by some random chinese factory and spammed to bike-related accounts, but looked like quite a smart idea.

I’ll have a proper read later and see what I get for my ‘investment’ 🙂

Edit – google throws up a few of these, ie this

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I’ll have a proper read later and see what I get for my ‘investment’

You get varying levels of personalised products. It’s not ‘investment’ in the usual sense – you don’t own shares. You understand that right?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    schrickvr6
    Free Member

Professor Wang Nang Wang 😀

footflaps

I quite like that. Certainly different, not sure how effective it will be, I still get drivers pull out in front of me with 800 lumens shining right at them!

footflaps

It shone two parallel red laser lines on the ground about 6ft behind the bike, about a handlebar width apart.

I’ve seen them in the flesh – ‘pathetic’ would be the best way to describe it. Way too dim for anyone in a car to notice the lines.

40mpg

You get varying levels of personalised products. It’s not ‘investment’ in the usual sense – you don’t own shares. You understand that right?

Yeah but for a grand I can get a personalised symbol – can I get a batman one to shine into the air ahead of me on foggy days? 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Blaze safety light – crowdsourced funding’ is closed to new replies.