Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Blast beat fans, Carcass are back
  • eatsdirt
    Free Member

I know there are some fellow metalheads in here. Carcass are back, touring in November with Amon Amarth and sounding good
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjvHn1IlK5c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

fizzicist
    Free Member

[video]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WiIyYg1sv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Yeah baby! Got tickets to see them in November 🙂

tazzymtb

ahem….Carcass are not, nor have they ever been blastbeat..now go and learn you musical genres correctly and Wright out a 100 times “i must know my metal heritage before commenting”

they are grindcore or maybe if you are being particularly generous D-beat in the stylee of Tez from discharge.

*goes of to find symphonies of sickness ltd edition picture disc with autopsy piccies (looks like a corpse laden pizza) 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveoath
    Free Member

They have some of the greatest album titles ever.

/must go relearn “no love lost”

eatsdirt
    Free Member

Tazzy, my apologies I am suitably chastised. I did my lines wearing my I reek of putrefaction shirt (now a bit snug I grant you) purchased in 1990 on the Symphonies of Sickness tour at the Wrexham War Memorial club, one of Mikes first gigs. Happy times. Just a shame Ken can’t be a part of it again

kayak23

Is this the same Carcass from the start of Napalm Death era? The ones with all meaty parts on the album cover?
    They sound a tadge more polished now 😯

I went to a hardcore all-dayer at the Hummingbird in Brum in the early 90’s, with Carcass, Napalm Death, Bolthrower and Morbid Angel..
    All sounded a bit rawer then… Too polished these days imho..

spchantler
    Free Member

i saw that tour, middlesborough town hall, my first gig…stagediving, yes! unless you were the large bloke that the crowd parted for, and had to be stretchered out….

bigyinn
    Free Member

WTF? Thats not the Carcass I know & love, thats more like Arch Enemy to my ears.
    This is Carcass at their best.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7oGGud2Jk4[/video]

xherbivorex
    Free Member

they’re sounding pretty good to me!
    arguing over metal/hc sub-genres- ace. i’m glad to see some things never change…

MrsToast
    Free Member

I want Buried Dreams played at my funeral! Liking the sound of the new stuff.

VanHalen

crikey theres a wee bit of production on that.

love carcass.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Heartwork is still one of my favourite albums ever recorded. So…..many……guitars……

boxfish
    Free Member

Autopsy are more my cup of tea/goblet of curdled blood. Saw them back in 89/90 supported by Paradise Lost (when PL were Death Metal). Picked up their latest offering last week. Glad to hear they haven’t changed at all!

tazzymtb

I did my lines wearing my I reek of putrefaction shirt (now a bit snug I grant you) purchased in 1990 on the Symphonies of Sickness tour at the Wrexham War Memorial club

that was an ace gig..did you see morbid angel with pitchshifter supporting there as well? and bolthrower all that sort of era

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-ViXLFrF0[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZH25fUdLk[/video]

anyone remember these chaps

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCeW0svbkBo[/video]

oh and eatsdirt..i take it you were a Buckley Tiv regular as well?

eatsdirt
    Free Member

Tazzy, yeah was a regular at the Tiv, Rockworld Manchester, KrazyHouse and Stairways.

A few of us went to every single gig at the memo, particularly remember demolition hammers drummer being carried off stage as he was so dehydrated after their support set.

I got on well with Karl and Gully who promoted there (and often lost money to see bands they loved).Played there a few times and at the Tiv and other venues mentioned.

South Wales now, still get to a good few gigs.

tazzymtb

often wonder what would happen if you put a modern little mosher back through time and fed them into a proper old pit full of rabid stage diving brummie ND fans…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i saw autopsy/PL at bradford queen’s hall, autopsy were incredible.
    morbid angel too- saw them in a place called the 244 club on westgate road in newcastle, which was basically a house. and they played in what was the lounge, complete with crappy 70s style gas fire and a sofa in the corner of the room too. it was an ace night, that!

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ll probably be going to their November show, but to see Amon Amarth.

I can’t get excited over these half-arsed “reunions”.

eatsdirt
    Free Member

Mikey, agree with that most times, but one of my favourite bands Sabbat were even better live the second time around, when they were doing it just for fun as a lads weekend. I hope Carcass will be the same, they sound pretty tight with the new line up.

Taz, would dearly like to see most screamo kiddies teleported back to the late 80s early 90s = Slayer in Manchester, Biohazard or Bomb Everything at the Tiv, truly violent pits, you came out looking like you’d been sparing with Tyson.

Best pit I’ve revisited in modern times was in Brum, Slayer world painted blood at the 02 academy, second half of the set was brutal – limped back to the safety of the bar after 20 mins, couldn’t take the pace any more!

mikey74
    Free Member

The thing with Carcass is they pretty much ran their course the first time around, which kinda renders this lil get-together a bit desperate.

I’ll probably listen to the album and see them live but I’ll be very surprised if we are still talking about this album in glowing terms next year. Much like the new Sabbath.

Arse-covering Note: Happy to be proved wrong.

tazzymtb

new carcass seems far to shiny and clean…next ENT will tour boyzone covers and cannibal corpse will re-form as a vegan peace group

boxfish
    Free Member

eatsdirt – Sabbat were flippin awesome in 2010. Missed em first time around.

_tom_
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like old Carcass but it sounds good 🙂 Will definitely be up for seeing them on tour!

hatter

Best pit I’ve revisited in modern times was in Brum, Slayer world painted blood at the 02 academy, second half of the set was brutal

The O2 in Brum does tend to have a very lively crowd, the fiercest Gig I’ve been to recently was the Machine Head/Hatebreed double header there in 2010, a swirling maelstrom from start to finish I tell thee.

Most ferocious ever? Probably the Stampin’ Ground gigs in pub basements, only time I’ve ever been properly knocked unconscious was against the downstairs bar at the Flapper.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Carcass haven’t sounded ‘like Carcass’ for a long time now. Neither have ND really. That didn’t sound too far a departure from Heartwork, and that was 20 years ago! Be interested to yea what the vocals sound like.

Ken was a student at the music tech college I worked at about 6 years ago. Actually the owner of the college business was the ex Carcass tour manager come to think about it!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

bill steer is also in a band with an old mate of mine these days (gentlemen’s pistols)…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Blast beat fans, Carcass are back’ is closed to new replies.