Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • "Blast"
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

schralping

I have a big problem with this,I genuinely cannot pronounce it..

Really.

kayla1
    Free Member

We usually just go for a ‘ride’ but sometimes I’ll pop out for a quick blast about, usually no more than half an hour of skids and wheelies and riding down stairs and other adolescent stuff, if I fancy. I tend not to shred, schralp, own, boss or kill anything much. Mooching’s good though, followed by a bimble along the same bit of whatever you’ve previously mooched along, with a flask of tea and a cheese sarnie, obvs. You can fit a mooch into a bimble, but you can’t shouldn’t bimble while mooching, that’s just rude.

hodgynd
    Free Member

If it’s in a group ..its a ride .
    If I’m solo ..its a pootle or a mooch aboot ( pootle is when I know where I’m going ..a mooch is more of an explore somewhere new).

tomhoward

Mate of mine is constantly asking if I want to go enduroing.

Can’t work out if he’s joking…

andykirk
    Free Member

Blast is fine. It has been used for a long time.

it’s ‘hooning’ that gets my goat. I can imagine people saying this who wear their collars popped and have tribal tattoos despite being from Milton Keynes.

fergal
    Free Member

I drop in.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mate of mine is constantly asking if I want to go enduroing.

I’ve been known to use “enduro” as a verb, always with tongue firmly in cheek obvs.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve heard people saying they’re going to Hamsters to do ‘enduro practice’. Surely that’s just riding around a trail centre, isn’t it? Or is it case of if you race than any other ride out is ‘training’ or ‘practice’, ie not just for the sheer unbridled fun of it?.

gwurk
    Free Member

Why Blast when you can…

M E G A B L A S T !!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgjNb-6EOYw[/video]

‘enduro practice’ = cheating Kayla 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

I can imagine people saying this who wear their collars popped and have tribal tattoos despite being from Milton Keynes.

Everyone in Milton Keynes goes for “a blast up Woburn”. It was part of the inspiration for this thread.

whitestone
    Free Member

If in search of a new route, it’s a ‘mooch’..

No, that’s a schnurgle 😉

edlong
    Free Member

I’m not one for keeping up with the latest lingo, but surely “blast” is a valid one for those rides when you’ve not got the usual amount of time, so you go shorter, but harder? – “a quick blast”

nedrapier

If go for a thrash, or a smash about the trails, it’s a short, anti-social, just me, waiting for no-one ride, hurting myself up the the hills and hoping not to down again.

I don’t know about “blast”. It seems to imply more speed than “thrash”, which describes the effort and perhaps the visual effect, but not the attainment.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was going to do some cycling later but I have no idea what to call it now.

kilo

Spookily I went for a blast this morning, unfortunately it was Bi Lateral Analysis and Stimulation Treatment which deals with clearing the after effects of trauma, no bikes involved. This blast is very weird stuff (but seems to work)!

kayak23

giantalkali – Member
    I enjoy going for ‘a razz

I also like to avail myself of a razz.., occasionally raising my effort to add a braap braap.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘"Blast"’ is closed to new replies.