Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Blair for President!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can't wait myself. He'll do a grand job and if/when the scum are in power and call me Dave has meekly acquiesced to the Lisbon treaty, they'll have to work with him. Of course, Dave will secretly be thrilled…he is his idol after all.

vinnyeh

most impressed by yesterday's comments 'Blair will stand if the job is big enough'

😕

Wait til the rumour mill kicks off when the current pope is on his deathbed….

grumm
    Free Member

In violation of international law, Tony Blair committed his country to a war in Iraq that a large majority of European citizens opposed. This war has claimed hundreds of thousands of victims and displaced millions of refugees. It has been a major factor in today's profound destabilisation of the Middle East, and has weakened world security. In order to lead his country into war, Mr Blair made systematic use of fabricated evidence and the manipulation of information. His role in the Iraq war would weigh heavily on the image of the Union in the world, should he in fact be named its president.

The steps taken by Tony Blair's government, and his complicity with the Bush administration in the illegal programme of "extraordinary renditions", have led to an unprecedented decline in civil liberties. This is in contradiction with the terms of the European Convention of Human Rights, which is an integral part of the treaty.

Can't really argue with that can you. How someone who should probably be up in a tribunal in the Hague is even being considered for the post is beyond me really.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is no chance this will happen – he is simply unacceptable to too many in the EC

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah it seems that despite some powerful Conservative politicians in Europe backing him, some on the left of centre aren't so keen on having a yankee poodle as president of Europe.

I have to say that the irony of someone who's legacy is the bombing the **** out of countries in the name of spreading democracy, now wanting to become the unelected president of Europe (but only if the job is "powerful enough") isn't lost on me.

I wonder how many wars he'll be able to start as EU president ? ….. I guess it will all be down to how "powerful" he is 😐

kimbers

it would be absolutely hilarious if he did get the job

if only to see daves face when he realised he had won the general election to become the 2nd most powerful brit politician in europe, extra ironic of course because dave has modeled his entire public personna & policies on the great tony blair: master of spin(TM)

but tony becoming president would pi$$ off too many in europe and probably most of the arab world too

i mean it would take a special level of political idocy to do it, so id say the chances are still 50/50

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have mentioned President Blair to a few people lately and the level of apathy and disinterest and 'so what if he gets it' is horrifying. This man led us into an illigal war after lying to the world and people still say 'so what?'. I dispair.

kimbers

the expenses 'scandal' has added to the general apathy about politicians the torries are just as corrupt and arrogant as labour or the lib dems does it matter whos in charge?

uplink
    Free Member

apathy and disinterest and 'so what if he gets it'…….

I resemble that remark 🙂

westkipper
    Free Member

I take it then, that Blair has considered his sacred mission to bring peace to the middle east to be entirely completed?

avdave2

I want him in the most high profile job possible, the one that will most expose him to justice.

sadexpunk

expose him to justice??? what, teflon tony??

nah 🙁

avdave2

Perhaps my idea of justice is a little wider than yours.

kimbers

expose him to sunlight, he looks more like a vampire every day

zaskar
    Free Member

Tony Liar Blair this time he'll take Europe into battle for invisible weapons of mass destruction.

But will reply "Only god can judge me" when asked what the hell do you think you're are?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

I'm not concerned.

Blair has received the curse of Backing from Brown and therefore he wont get the job.

JulianA
    Free Member

@Grumm – got a source for that quotation? I'd love to know where that came from!

grumm
    Free Member

From the stopblair petition posted earlier in the thread.

JulianA
    Free Member

@Grumm – sorry mate, just found that out!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

and probably most of the arab world

Quite the reverse. He may not share their particular religion, but they would hold him in higher esteem than a purely secular leader.

westkipper
    Free Member

Isn't it heartwarming, that, no matter where we all stand politically, our admiration for Tony knows no beginning.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"…they would hold him in higher esteem than a purely secular leader."

Is that why George Bush went down such a treat in the Middle East …. because of his profoundly religious convictions ?

They must have been gutted when the "soft on religion" Barack Obama was elected then.

tankslapper
    Free Member

west kipper – Member
    Isn't it heartwarming, that, no matter where we all stand politically, our admiration for Tony knows no beginning.

LOL!

The age old question must be if not Blair then who, Burlesque-sconi?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Blair for President!’ is closed to new replies.