Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Blair Atholl to Spittal of Glenshee
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Can it be done by mountain bike without an excessive amount of hikey-bikey?

My old OS map suggests not, but a pal who was hillwalking last weekend says he saw a path leading north off the summit of Glas Tulaichean that might link up with other stuff coming up from Glen Tilt.

And vaguely related, does the track from Inverey leading out south through Glen Ey just stop at the old Altanour Lodge, or is it possible to bike onwards?

druidh
    Free Member

Last time I was up Glas Tulaichean (a few years back) I dropped down NNE from the summit to Loch nan Eun as a camp spot before climbing the more northerly Munros. I don't recall any sort of path, but Google Earth shows one now. From the end of that ridge, it looks like it would be possible to head down to Fealar Lodge?

I don't recall any sort of path leading from Carn Bhac back round to the loch either.

The path up Gleann Taitneach from Dalmunzie goes all the way up to the loch and is frequently used by anglers. Very sketchy at the top though and lots of burns to cross which might be a pain if it's been heavy rain.

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers. Just had a look at Google Earth and it does look like there's a path heading west off the summit of Glas Tulaichaen. There's a few of us thinking about heading that way in a few weeks, and I'm now thinking it might be possible to do Blair – Glen Tilt – Fealar Lodge – Glean Mor – Spittal one day, and Spittal – Straloch – Daldhu – Blair the next.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Blair Atholl to Spittal of Glenshee’ is closed to new replies.