Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Blair Atholl, easily navigable rides?
  • edhornby

I know I should have done this weeks ago but… heading to Blair Atholl and taking the mountain bike, any simple routes for an hour or two? something that can be soloed on a hardtail as I won’t have the luxury of organising a ride buddy etc (family holiday)

I have Explorer49 to take with me, should I try to get my hands on landranger43? I know there is a bike shop in Pitlochry I will try and have a nosey there

cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hit the shop in Pitlochry, ask for Dan. Old pal of mine and generally nice lad.

NZCol

Simple ride is up Glen Tilt – head up to Old Blair cross the bridge, turn right on the estate path and follow your nose up the river past Forest Lodge up to Falls of Tarf. Nice ride.

scotroutes

Glen Banvie loop with an optional detour to the falls of Bruar. Do it clockwise I reckon.

There’s also Loch Bhac but that’s likely exceeding your 2 hour criterion

matt_outandabout

Up and down Ben Vrachie for a challenge.
    There is some ace pottering all around the River Tummel / River Garry / Loch Faskally. From simple (beautiful) riverside riding along to Soldiers Leap, or more technically fun around to the Tummel and Coronation bridge, or just along from Pitlochry to cross the Garry/Faskally confluence.

kcal

@scotroutes – does the Glen Banvie loop that looks like it heads NE and returns via Cain Dearg Mor – does it ‘go’ ??

edhornby

Great ideas thanks and some of these look ok for riding with my dad and the 6yo 🙂 hopefully I’ll be able to get a tag along hire from Blair bike hire

I have another map so this is starting to make sense

edhornby

Managed to do some riding – did the Glen Banvie clockwise and the views are storming, thanks for the tips gents 🙂

scotroutes

There’s a nice bivvy spot in the woods at the northernmost turning point too.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Blair Atholl makes me think of a lisping schoolboy insulting a former Prime Minister.

The war criminal one…

ANyway, lovely riding round there, enjoy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Blair Atholl, easily navigable rides?’ is closed to new replies.