Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blade Trail, Afan
  • rob8624
    Free Member

Hello! First post….here we go

I’m local to Afan and rode the Blade trail today, I heard it was muddy, but wasn’t going to let that put me off as it’s all part of riding. But, don’t bother with it. Lots of the fun bit are totally shot and they need to close the trail in several sections.

Should be a good ride when dry! Tough on the legs though.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Oh dear. Off to Afan this weekend and was hoping to check out Blade. Doesn’t look very nice in those pics.

Squirrel

Yeah I was there yesterday. And I drove all the way from the Chilterns to get away from the mud!

rob8624
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s not great. You can still ride most of the trail OK. But personally I’d go left and do Whites.

stumpy01

+1

Went with some mates a couple of weeks ago. Blade seemed like a lot of slogging up with little benefit on the downs. Could have been because the trails were so muddy.

We passed a bloke on a Norco Sight who we’d seen a few times. He was completely shot. Ended up giving him a couple of energy gels and told him to take it easy.

zelak999
    Free Member

We did Blade last Friday and totally agree with you OP, some sections should be closed.
    The ghost train section was awesome though, can’t wait to ride it all again later in the year.

DT78
    Free Member

Riding brake less wow

therag
    Free Member

Agreed, opening in wettest winter to date undone a lot of hard work.
    Will be a good trail when it dries out and gets some maintenance.

rob8624
    Free Member

We passed a bloke on a Norco Sight who we’d seen a few times. He was completely shot. Ended up giving him a couple of energy gels and told him to take it easy.

Indeed. I ride quick regularly, but found it quite hard going today. The trail reminded me a lot of the ones in Brechfa rather than a typical Afan Trail.

Riding brake less wow

Haha! It’s the way forward! To be honest, the brakes on that bike are utter shite, I may as well not have any!

Greeat forum btw.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blade Trail, Afan’ is closed to new replies.