Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 261 total)
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • traildog
    Free Member

Jóhann Jóhannsson is doing the music, who also scored Arrival.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

If Deckard’s a robot why does he look old?

Replicants aren’t robots though, they’re some kind of hand-wavy ‘synthetic humans’ aren’t they? The point of the <nerd>Voight-Kampff test</nerd> is to tell them apart, which would be very easy if they were robots.

jimjam
    Free Member

traildog

Jóhann Jóhannsson is doing the music, who also scored Arrival.

And she’s playing a robot herself in Ghost in The Shell. Prodigious talent.

Cougar

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! The full trailer is out. (I’ve not watched it yet…)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4[/video]

Northwind

Hmmmmmm. Bit more explodey than I might have liked, but it’s a trailer. The switch from vangelis mwommmmm mwommmmm noises to Standard Action Film Drums was jarring… But it looks amazing.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Is that Rachel turning away at about 1:50?

CountZero

Watched the new trailer a few minutes ago, and I’m much more optimistic about this than Alien: Covenant after seeing the trailers for that.
    Home again, home again, jiggedy jig…

renton
    Free Member

Holy shitballs that looks amazing !!!

giantalkali
    Free Member

Jeez, the trailer makes it look guff. I hope it’s better than that.

So explode, much amaze.

MSP

The trailer certainly lacks the tension and atmosphere of the original, and if they can’t get it in the trailer hard to believe they will get it in the film.

Cougar

Holy spitballs. Just watched it, it looks amazing.

Is that Rachel turning away at about 1:50?

Bit of a leap…!

CountZero

SP – Member
    The trailer certainly lacks the tension and atmosphere of the original, and if they can’t get it in the trailer hard to believe they will get it in the film.

Has anyone here ever seen the original trailer for Bladerunner? Does it convey the tension and atmosphere of the original?
    I’d suggest not, because the original film was pretty much a flop, ignored by most cinema goers, only with hindsight has it become this iconic visionary film.
    From Rotten Tomatoes:
    “A blend of science fiction and noir detective fiction, Blade Runner (1982) was a box office and critical bust upon its initial exhibition, but its unique postmodern production design became hugely influential within the sci-fi genre, and the film gained a significant cult following that increased its stature. Harrison Ford stars as Rick Deckard, a retired cop in Los Angeles circa 2019. L.A. has become a pan-cultural dystopia of corporate advertising, pollution and flying automobiles, as well as replicants, human-like androids with short life spans built by the Tyrell Corporation for use in dangerous off-world colonization. Deckard’s former job in the police department was as a talented blade runner, a euphemism for detectives that hunt down and assassinate rogue replicants. Called before his one-time superior (M. Emmett Walsh), Deckard is forced back into active duty. A quartet of replicants led by Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) has escaped and headed to Earth, killing several humans in the process. After meeting with the eccentric Eldon Tyrell (Joe Turkel), creator of the replicants, Deckard finds and eliminates Zhora (Joanna Cassidy), one of his targets. Attacked by another replicant, Leon (Brion James), Deckard is about to be killed when he’s saved by Rachael (Sean Young), Tyrell’s assistant and a replicant who’s unaware of her true nature. In the meantime, Batty and his replicant pleasure model lover, Pris (Darryl Hannah) use a dying inventor, J.F. Sebastian (William Sanderson) to get close to Tyrell and murder him. Deckard tracks the pair to Sebastian’s, where a bloody and violent final confrontation between Deckard and Batty takes place on a skyscraper rooftop high above the city. In 1992, Ridley Scott released a popular director’s cut that removed Deckard’s narration, added a dream sequence, and excised a happy ending imposed by the results of test screenings; these legendary behind-the-scenes battles were chronicled in a 1996 tome, Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner by Paul M. Sammon. ~ Karl Williams, Rovi”
    Hindsight, etc…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Bladerunner was not a well received film and basically a flop. The video and later the Dvd market made the film a classic. The making of the film was beset with problems so considering its birth its amazing it is regarded the classic it is.

This looks like it could be ok as long as you don’t get too shirty about it pissing on the original. It’ll be nice to see Spinners in action again.

(I’m thinking that’s Rachel too, otherwise why hide her face. The background to to room also looks similar to her memories from the original)

Time, to die

slowoldman

Sounds like Vangelis are in

Has he got a clone?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I saw the original at the cinema when it first came out, I was only 16 (!) and a huge science fiction fan (still am!) – I remember coming out of e cinema stunned by the visuals, but a bit baffled by the plot, subsequent viewings on video, before it really grew on me. Hope the sequel is at least ok.

MadBillMcMad

we haven’t even got to 2019 yet & the sequel comes out.

footflaps

Black Hawk Down is a steaming pile of shit,

Weird, I really rate it, one of the best (modern) war movies out there…..

DezB
    Free Member

Has anyone here ever seen the original trailer for Bladerunner?

[video]https://youtu.be/eogpIG53Cis[/video]

Standard Action Film Drums – they sure are bollocks. Just needed that standard vadooomp bass noise that is in every single trailer for full cliche effect.

Drac

It does look promising.

As others have said the original was huge flop that became a cult film.

[video]https://youtu.be/4lW0F1sccqk[/video]

jam-bo

I’ve never seen Bladerunner. should I?

DickBarton

Yes

DezB
    Free Member

Sort of related, but not really – Akira is on Syfy channel at 11 tonight.

CountZero

I’ve never seen Bladerunner. should I?

Well, no, you don’t have to, but you do seem to be rather missing the point of the question in the context of comments being made about the trailer for the new film.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve not been to the cinema in well over ten years but this has to be a good reason to return to the pictures for some popcorn.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Yeah, I go with cautiously optimistic as well.

Sounds like Vangelis are in

Flanjellys car bin?
    Mandelas tar win?
    Candelas bar gin?

I give up, what’s the answer

vinnyeh

New trailer.

[video]https://youtu.be/dZOaI_Fn5o4[/video]

Cougar

Before I watch that,

Is it actually a trailer, or is it the entire film on fast-forward?

Drac

Promising.

AlexSimon

Interesting to see the Atari logo back.
    That second trailer was a bit more interesting – All they really had to do to suck me in was show me they understood the sleezy, grimy feel of the original. There were a couple of bits in there that looked promising, but no direct hit.

On that original trailer, I love that TV screen covered in graffiti at 1:38.

shermer75
    Free Member

Before I watch that,

Is it actually a trailer, or is it the entire film on fast-forward?

Also interested in knowing this! 🙂

AlexSimon

Also interested in knowing this!

It definitely included something that I wished I’d never seen, but it doesn’t feel too sequential.

Drac

I liked the Pan Am logo.

CountZero

Watched it a couple of times now, and the continuity with the first film seems to be good, the ‘things fall down, go BOOM’ issue that some were complaining about does appear to be consistent with the storyline, in the suggestion that there’s an impending conflict that could lead to an escalation to full-on war.
    Looking better and better.

GregMay
    Free Member

Going to avoid, any possible things I don’t want to see I don’t want to see 🙂

AlexSimon

GregMay – Member

Going to avoid, any possible things I don’t want to see I don’t want to see Yep – no point if you’re already excited for it 🙂

AlexSimon

Blimey – first reactions have made me get excited against my best intentions.
    Must… not… read… too… much…

fasthaggis

In get ready mode,I watched the original again the other night.
    Some of it really doesn’t age well,but hey,it was ground breaking in 1982 and still worth watching for Rutger Hauer alone.

sadmadalan

Booked for the IMAX in October – must not read reviews or follow STW threads!

MSP

Oh god, most of the reviews seem good, that’s probably the worst scenario,now I will end up watching it and be disappointed. If they had been crap, like they should be, I could have quite happily ignored it.

fasthaggis

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn’t it? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 261 total)

The topic ‘Blade Runner 2049’ is closed to new replies.