Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Blackstar amps
  • reynolds853
    Free Member

Has anyone had trouble selling a blackstar amp. Only reason I ask is that I am looking to shift my HT5 ltd edition but secondhand prices on ebay seem very low. Is there something about these amps I don’t know about. To date it has been superb, reviews are good etc hence why I don’t see why there appears to be such a great level of devaluation.

bigdawg
    Free Member

theyre not proving to be as good as the reviews suggested they would be, and its an excess amp – most people bought them in addition to other amps – that and a huge influx of them being sold 2nd hand (ever since they were bought out) means low prices..

reynolds853
    Free Member

Blimey bigdawg, you couldn’t have painted a bleaker picture….well you could have added that the valves are prone to combusting and have been responsible for the untimely departures of a number of poor folk including a war vet, so immersed in his “freebird” solo that he failed to notice the flames lapping at his feet. But then that would have all been lies anyway. Looks like I need to get me a knock off Marshall badge or a can of orange spray paint and get onto rebranding the HT5!! shame

lodious
    Free Member

Must admit, I had a HT-5 as a second amp, and sold it for a low price so maybe there is something in what bigdawg says 🙂

I don’t think there is anything wrong with them….not heard any reliability problems, I had the combo and sold it for c£170 on ebay, think I paid £220 new, so seems about right? How much do they go for now?

Think as a brand they are doing OK, i’d certainly prefer their stuff over any of the current Marshall offerings, although I’d prefer Orange over both.

Think bigdawg is hinting at a common problem with a lot of the guitar gear launched at the moment, it gets rave reviews as the guitar mags have to print something exciting, then the products just drop off the radar when people move onto the next must have product.

Thought the amp part of the HT-5 was OK though, really good value for money, the combo was a bit naff as the cab was to small and it sounded a bit boxy.

reynolds853
    Free Member

I think there is a lot to be said about a huge launch with all the media praising a product then it falling off the radar and as often sad result, out of public favour. I’ll stick it on ebay and see what happens but only after using every social media platform available to rally up a campaign singing the praises of 2nd hand blackstars!

plumber
    Free Member

I really like mine buts its too loud for where I am at the moment 😈

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blackstar amps’ is closed to new replies.