Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Blackpool Illuminations – recent experiences?
  • hora
    Free Member

Is it worth going? I remember they were ace in the late 70/80’s! Thinking of driving their after work for our two year olds benefit. Anyone been recently?

simmy
    Free Member

Much better this year thsn recent years IMO

Just be prepared for lots of traffic due to the new prom layout……

Despite my OH living in Blackpool, I only went through last Tuesday and they came on at 7.45 then.

There are signs on the way in telling motorists not to follow sat nav but to follow the signs and, if you dont know blackpool too well, remember its mostly 30mph everywhere with 20mph on the side roads.

The road heading to the south, past the airport, catches loads out coz its a dual carraigeway and it changes to a 30mph as you come into the built up area.

Have a good evening 😀

jarvo
    Free Member

I haven’t been this year. I went about two years ago with the kids, and they enjoyed it. We got to about 8pm and had to make a hasty retreat as the Pre-fuelled stag and hen brigade erupted onto the streets.

lowey

Frustrating as hell in the car. Alow 4-5 hours to get through.

You should have done ride the lights on Tuesday 28th August. Close the prom to everything except bikes. Brilliant way to see the illuminations.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I went last year on the windiest night of the year. Half of the lights had blown down and were much easier to see for a 2 year old lying on the pavement.

If you are going with yound kids, note what time they actually come on. It isn’t ‘as it goes dark’ it’s a bit later than seems right.

hora
    Free Member

4-5hours? SERIOUS?!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can’t give you recent, can give you reticent.

Not worth it.

Whose turning them on? John Travolta?

lowey

They were turned on the other week. Little mix apparently.

hora
    Free Member

In this case I think its a good idea to park in a side street and push the little lad down in his push chair. Why sit in a jam, just wrap up warm. Any pointers on where to park? (We are coming in from Manchester).

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Ohh Blackpool illuminations. Last time I went there was in the early 90’s with my mates. All of us ( apart from the driver I hasten to add ) were off our heads on magic mushrooms 😯 That evening was err, interesting

avdave2

We went back to Blackpool for my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary a few years ago and they’d hired one of these for us to all go and see the illuminations from.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Blackpool Illuminations – recent experiences?’ is closed to new replies.