Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Blackhawk down …realistic?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I lOve this film but is it genuine? I mean realistic… I liked the book too. Any armyists about?

legend
    Free Member

Kinda, Ewan McGregor wasn’t really there though

BoardinBob

Listened to the commentary from the marines that were actually there and portrayed in the film. Apart from some of the weapons used in the film, they said it was very realistic.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I seem to remember this film was criticisised for being incredibly factually inaccurate.

Kuco

Watched a 2 hour documentary with lots of interviews from people who were their. Some of it is true and accurate some of it is fictitious.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Has to be more accurate than the godawful Hurt Locker.

Good way to test out a new surround sound system too!

colournoise

Don’t care whether it’s accurate or not really.

Apart from GI Jane, Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors and Black Hawk Down is one of the most relentless and exhausting (in a totally enjoyable way) films I’ve ever seen.

slainte 8) rob

Kuco

My only gripe with it is I never went to the picture to see it 🙁

Drac

One of the best movies there is, tremendous photography and stunning sounds. Brilliant action and emotional too but a bit gun ho at times. Not sure of it’s accuracy supposedly fairly but of course with dramatisation.

As Colournoise says get it turned up loud and if possible get it one Blu-ray it’s one of the best Blu-rays.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

LOL. I was teaching some 16/17 year-olds the other day. We were discussing the reasons for forced migration, and lawlessness and failed governments were mentioned. I highlighted Somalia, and to illustrate my point said, “Have you seen Blackhawk Down?”

“Is that the one with the rabbits?” was the reply “That made me cry.”

stucol
    Free Member

Liked one bit in the “making of” segment.

The actor is describing how Ridley Scott wanted him to run down a street with explosions going off all around him.

Ridley said ” Try and look scared”

The actor said “Try ?, i was absolutely shitting myself !”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Blackhawk down …realistic?’ is closed to new replies.