Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Blackburn stand pump
  • richardfairman
    Free Member

My Air Tower 3 now refuses to pump into presta valve. It just hisses at me.
    I’ve searched and found that most parts are replaceable – the bit that doesn’t work is the two-headed end bit that you actually connect to the tube valve – one bit is presta, the other is shraeder. It worked fine last week, now a refusal. Will just pump shraeder. I can unscrew this top piece, but where can I find its replacement? Somebody must sell them – a pity to ditch the whole pump and spend £30-£40 on its replacement.
    Ideas please if you’d be kind enough. Thanks, Richard.

Trampus
    Free Member

You need to contact the retailer you bought the pump from who in turn will contact the distributor, Madison. Blackburn pumps have a lifetime warranty.

mattythemod
    Free Member

You need to contact the retailer you bought the pump from who in turn will contact the distributor, Madison. Blackburn pumps have a lifetime warranty.

Anyone have any experinces of warrenty claim on Blackburn products as i have a 10 year old track pump that has a broken pressure guage that needs sorting .

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s pretty good. It allowed me to return mine, get it swapped and then the shop let me swap it for one that actually works. I had three heads fail in the same way. Now running a trouble free Joe blow.

richardfairman
    Free Member

Further to the above, I’ve contacted Blackburn Design in USA by email. No reply. This nonsense about replaceable parts is just sales hype. Just don’t buy Blackburn.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I bought one from the lbs, it failed to pump anything Up and split the hose, took it back got a new one the following day!

FuzzyWuzzy

I have an Air Tower 5 and got one of these when I needed a head replacement: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24165 I’d be surprised if the host connection was different on the 3…

mattythemod
    Free Member

Well time for an update here .

My well used 10 year old ish TP4 got returned to Madsion under warranty and was deemed faulty and the retailer was given a credit for me to order a replacement .

Kudos to Madsion for standing by Blackburns warranty policy .

Trampus
    Free Member

Result! 🙂

Drac

Supposed to be excellent, I’ve never used it yet. My pump is about 15 years old now and still going strong.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Blackburn stand pump’ is closed to new replies.