Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Blackberry storm (mk1) users
  • mangoridebike

Hi

my wife has a mk 1 Storm and we're trying to copy the numbers from the phone on to the SIM, but we can't find a way of doing it, does anyone have any ideas how to go about it?

Thanks

Not sure whether the functionality is the same on the Storm as it is on my Pearl, but if you go into each address individually and press the BlackBerry logo key/pull up the full options menu, there should be a "Copy to SIM Phone Book" option.

mangoridebike

Hi Mike

I tried that, but the option just isn't there.

Thanks though. I 've got a feeling I'm going to have to go through them all and manually enter them when the SIM is in the new handset.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

On my Pearl the option isn't there for every entry, only some.

Are there any numbers on her SIM?

mangoridebike

No numbers on the SIM at all, it got renewed when she got the Storm as there were a few issues which the old SIM was blamed for.

All numbers on her old SIM were transferred onto the Storm, new SIM inserted.

I'll check a few more of her contacts tonight and see if there are any that allow themselves to be transferred onto the SIM. When creating a new contact there is no choice of whether to save to phone or SIM.

chipps

Here you go:

Register with http://www.zyb.com – it's free.
    Back up your current phone to zyb.com – it's a great way of keeping all your contacts off-phone saved anyway.
    Tell it that you have a new phone, download your contacts to your new phone.

I have 400 or so contacts on my phone and you can only fit 100 on a SIM card, plus only one number per contact. This way it saves every extra bit of info.

Job done!

mangoridebike

Cheers Chipps

looks like a good solution 🙂

Much better than tapping out 180+ plus numbers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry storm (mk1) users’ is closed to new replies.