Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BlackBerry 8800; any good? Can do amazing things with?
  • Talkemada
    Free Member

I've been given a BB 8800. I have no experience of such things, and don't yet know how it can radically improve my life, but I'm sure it can. So, what can it do a 'normal' 'phone can't? And why would that be of benefit to me?

I notice it has GPs; will this allow it to work like a Sat-Nav? Is the sofware free, or do I have to pay for it?

Help me please for I am frightened… 🙁

mrmo
    Free Member

could try m.google.com/maps or the blackberry maps that may be installed.

I have Kindle, and trackbuddy on mine, plus facebook, twitter, blackberry app world.

Some software is free, the above is, but some is only available for money.

Talkemada
    Free Member

How does it do this map thing? Is it something that you need to pay for, like a service, or is it a feature in the 'phone itself?

I'm not into Twatter or Faceblank, so really, just a bit of music. I'm going to have to buy an adapter for the headphone socket (why dd they use a bloody 2.5mm socket??)

TBH, I'm just wondering if it has and fancy tricks that might persuade me to keep it. ATM, it's not even unlocked, and I don't know if this is possible. I might just stick it on eBay.

mrmo
    Free Member

mapping is free, or at least it is covered in the contract i have. You have to download the data as the maps are not kept on the machine.

To get the most from it you would need to make sure it has a blackberry account.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ah, so maybe not great with PAYG? 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BlackBerry 8800; any good? Can do amazing things with?’ is closed to new replies.