Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Black Swan – worth a gander? (sorry)
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

Fancy a film. There’s not much on at the local cineplex as usual, apart from this. It’s getting hyped a lot, but is it any good?. Cinema is so expensive these days. cheers.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I saw it last night – absolutely loved it, pretty demented film

If you don’t like icky David Cronenburg type “body horror” it may not be for you

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Great film if you are in the mood for a bit of a headf***. It’s pretty dark and psychological, but it is fantastically shot with a great performance from Natalie Portman. I enjoyed it, but I do pretty much love everything Darren Aronofsky has directed.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Torminalis
    Free Member

double post

Torminalis
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, but I do pretty much love everything Darren Aronofsky has directed.

+1

The other major benefit is that you get to go and see a proper film under the guise of it being a girly film! My missus is not really fussed about films usually but absolutely loved this one.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Sounds right up my street! I saw The Fountain the other night, bit of a mindbender, and wasn’t that enamoured with it TBH, thought it a bit pretentious. Requiem For a Dream is great but does my head in in equal measure.

Think I’ll give it a whirl later…

edit: FFS! stw is on the fritz!

Torminalis
    Free Member

You getting weird network problems too?

[edit] fo shiz it is!

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Saw it at the weekend, it’s absolutely incredible.
    Best film I’ve seen for ages.

Hadn’t realised he’d directed the fountain too, saw that recently and loved it.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but I have always considered that Aronofsky’s first three major films – Pi, Requiem For a Dream and The Fountain, corresponded very well with Mind, Body and Soul respectively.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that but hey.

poppa
    Free Member

Nice film, worth seeing. More of a fairy tale/fable than your typical film. Not heavy on dialogue but more so on visuals and atmosphere.

Kevevs
    Free Member

hadn’t thought of them like that Torminalis, that makes sense actually!

loddrik
    Free Member

She really should win the Oscar too.

letmetalktomark

Saw it last night.

Really liked it 🙂

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I thought it’s only downfall was that it was a bit too intense. I suppose that’s not really a criticism, but certainly the last hour or so was a pretty draining viewing experience.

Enjoyed on reflection though.

Blower
    Free Member

The Fountain is my favourite film,very thought provoking..
    great director
    i want to see this film

GrahamS

icky David Cronenburg type “body horror”

bit of a headf***. It’s pretty dark and psychological

Oddly the missus saw Black Swan the other day at a Parent & Baby screening. 😯

She wasn’t to impressed at the cinema’s idea of “a film that you can both enjoy”…

Blower
    Free Member

Very good film indeed.

Drac

Is it anthing like Ninja Assassin?

rkk01
    Free Member

Ex ballet dancer was saying that Portman did well but had too fat an arse to be convincing as a ballet dancer !!!

doug_basqueMTB.com

I watched it last night and thought it was brilliant. NP is stunning in it, in all senses of the word.

Blower
    Free Member

mmm natalie portman

viv
    Free Member

mmmm mila kunis

yeah, saw it last night, awesome – but then im a massive aronofsky fan…

and straight male….

Blower
    Free Member

Aronofsky’s the man..

emsz
    Free Member

Hmmmm I was thinking of going to see this tonight, but I’m not really into horror movies and gore. How bad is it? I thought it was just a psychological thriller

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oooo I can’t wait to see it but have to wait until a week Wed to go …boooooo excited now though!!

Blower
    Free Member

It is’nt a horror movie,or gore.
    go see it.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Black Swan – worth a gander? (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.