Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Black Rocks, why suddenly introduce parking charges??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Utterly stupid!!! The honesty b

chopper666
    Free Member

done the same at shipley country park, in heanor

speaker2animals

Cos every council is skint and have had income limits imposed by cebtral government? I’m not saying I agree with it or even think that it actually achieves anything (having to pay for parking attendents cutting in to any revenue). But are you really surprised at the present time?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    speaker2animals

As an example of stupidty a couple of years ago one of the reasons given for a budget short fall by our council was that they had allowed for the inclusion of £X00,000 per year for fines issued by the council for all sorts of infringements (not just parking). Due to an upsurge in lawfullness OR at least not catching people the fines generated a LOT less. Surely sense dictates that this sort of income is uncontrollable, so shouldn’t any revenues raised that way be used in a following financial year to prop the budget up? Or is that too logical? The same happens when parking fees are raised imposed. Costs as state4d are added anyway to raise the revenue and often the effect of charging is that people stop using the areas or at least find some where else to park for free.

But I’m a scientist/engineer not a financial wizard so maybe I’m simple.

benman
    Free Member

You have to pay at the High Peak junction car park now too. Whatstandwell is still free though by the canal, or Cromford meadows, or park on the road by John Smedleys… Black Rocks / Ambergate riding easily accessed from these.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Because the amount of land given over to free parking is insane and the costs of driving aren’t a true reflection of the social costs of mass motoring, and as a society we need to start balancing out this discrepancy?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What was it that Alan Sugar said about engineers?

Anyway… did you really think this sort of thing wouldn’t happen in these austere times?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dont know what happened up there with my original post, it’s mostly missing?? Anyway as i said it’s just going to cause grief for the local residents because every man and his dog (literally) is going to park out on the area around it. Loads of people just pop up to walk their dogs on an evening and I can’t see them paying £7 to £14 a week for the privilege! Also as I said before there’s nothing there, the shop is never open and neither are the toilets!!

Peyote
    Free Member

Anyway as i said it’s just going to cause grief for the local residents because every man and his dog (literally) is going to park out on the area around it.

Then they’ll intorduce a ‘controlled parking zone’ for residents only. Job done!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Can dog owners not just walk the dog without doing a car journey first? I’m a big car fan, but I’ve never really understood why people object so much to paying for parking, within reason of course.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Black Rocks, why suddenly introduce parking charges??’ is closed to new replies.