Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Black patches for cable rub on fork crown
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

managed to rub/few marks on the uppers on my pikes (just on the crown arch where cable has rubbed), bit annoyed as ive helitaped it pretty much everywhere else 😆

so just after some really minimal black patches that will definitely stick

can anyone recommend any please?

andycs

Black electrical tape.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I feel your pain, the paint on the top of the new pikes is ridiculous, you can rub it off with one finger. Couple of rides and then I planned to fit the invisiframe stuff, it didn’t even survive one ride and now looks like a bag of crap.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

GC – yep pretty piss poor, have you found anything suitable to cover up the rub?

just gonna stick something black on there if i can find something? no point putting heli tape over the top of the rub, may well stop more but it looks crap 🙁

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Sticky backed Velcro,loop side-very unobtrusive, hard wearing & sticks well

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

never thought of that reluctant, used to have that under swingarm underneath that work a treat

fozzybear
    Free Member

Get some black sign vinyl from eBay.
    Matt version. Would look better.
    I may buy some for GC.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have used the Lizard Skins carbon-leather patches they’re pretty good. Also motorbike shops sell packets of self-adhesive dots and stripes to protect paintwork they’re pretty good as well.

Ultimate solution is to put a cable tie around the lower headset cup and then a couple of cable ties through it and around the gear/brake cables to keep them off the fork crown and away from the headtube

rickmeister

Visit your local car wrapping company and get some 3M DiNoc carbon stuff offcuts … its great for rub patches

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Black patches for cable rub on fork crown’ is closed to new replies.