Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Black or White forks for an Orange frame
  • roverpig

OK, aesthetes what do you reckon. If the frame is Orange (the colour rather than the maker) should the forks be black or white? Pictures to back up your argument will be worth extra points. Although, in this case, points mean bugger all.

tonyd

White.

fasthaggis

Black

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Did have white:

Now have Black:

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Mine are white, because that’s what I had, sort of prefer black though…

roverpig

Based on those pictures, I think it looks best if the colour of the forks matches the colour of the decals on the frame, which could be white or black for an orange frame. Still, I guess we haven’t seen any pictures of black forks on an orange frame with white decals yet. So it’s too early to say for sure.

wrecker
    Free Member

Orange goes with white, Green goes with black.
    What is that stevenk4563

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Everyone’s entitled to their opinions of course, but there is only one correct answer to this question, and that is irrefutably black.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Got to be black…but then I always buy black because white might not look right on my next frame…change far too often!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

depends on frame decal colour, would look best if fork matched either frame stickers, or bars/stem/post as the secondary colour.

On a Rocket it HAS to be white

My Filing cabinet has silver/grey forks which match stickers and rims, previously had black forks which matched other components (really needs Ti shock spring to match now!). White would have looked a mess.

roverpig

I always thought that white had no place on a mountain bike. MTBs are for getting muddy. But that Santa Cruz looks right to me.

metalheart
    Free Member

Orange bike with white forks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77564901@N06/sets/72157630043745871/detail/

Orange bike with black forks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77564901@N06/sets/72157629579707923/detail/

You pays yer money and you takes yer choice…

hambl90
    Free Member

White is far better

Northwind

Depends on the orange… If it’s a nice burnt Datsun orange, then white. If it’s a really vivid OJ orange then black. Contrasts innit.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Black or White forks for an Orange frame’ is closed to new replies.