Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Black Friday, I'm going for a ….
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Ride in the woods 🙂 better than a que/fight for a bargain bowler hat with sleeves.

Anyone else out for a ride today?

See you all later. May by with a few pix, show me yours if you ride.

Jamie
    Free Member

More tellys for me, SUCKA!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Internet shopping, no elbows, serious bargains means big profit for moving on via eBay.

Bought a couple of items this morning that will net me circa £900 profit.

Kryton57

Wish I could ride, I’m with Manflu…

binners

I’m off to place a load of incendiary devices in rucksacks around the local supermarkets

13thfloormonk

Late season bothy trip to Knoydart, unintentionally placing myself perhaps as far as it is possible to be from the shops on the mainland 😀

faustus

Only thing i’ll be buying is the usual boots meal deal for lunch…oh the thrill.

martinhutch

Binners – Theresa May called, she’s had a note from GCHQ and would like you to drop by your local nick this afternoon. 🙂

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

black Friday ….. I Hate that we have become America 🙁
    without the nice weather either 😐

gogg
    Free Member

Stuck in work, but black friday just after Halloween, makes me look forward to Prom and Spring Break!!

FFS!!!

hatter

There was only one thing I wanted in the online Black Friday sales (A Canada Goose Vest) and nobody’s got any offers on it. Oh well, better than getting punched in Tescoes over a microwave I suppose.

cupra
    Free Member

Only black in my Friday was a nice strong coffee 🙂

andytherocketeer

there’s been another stockmarket crash?

scuttler

Gonna be the next International gap-yaaah must attend event along with the Cheese Rolling, Worthing Birdman, Running of the Bulls, Soap Box Derby etc.

I present the Tesco Salford/Hounslow/Newport/Wherever Black Friday Telly Dash

Mega!

rene59
    Free Member

Now we have Black Friday, how long before Thanksgiving invades?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Quick spin out to check the bike before racing tomorrow, quick 4 stages of fun then a 50km on Sunday

stevied
    Free Member

…sh*t 😉

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

Late season bothy trip to Knoydart,

we’re heading for knoydart too, the relative comfort of inverie though. maybe see you out in the hills 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

…sh*t 😉

It’s the first thing that pooped into my head.

weeksy

Same as kryton, man flu here!

MoreCashThanDash

*passes Gary-m’s details to HMRC colleagues*

muddy9mtb

what is thanksgiving anyway?

teasel
    Free Member

I notice Tom Cruise incognito in a Teletubby onesie, top right in Scuttlers pic. I would’ve thought his butler would be on the case instead.

But seriously, watching the chaos in certain stores on the news a few mins ago – I feel embarrassed for some folk.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also, what’s this google thing I keep hearing about?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

indeed, these are the ones that need Culling! … IMO of course 😉

muddy9mtb

google?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Thanksgiving is a pretty nice holiday, really. Non religious, everyone can join in and it is, in essence, about being grateful. Not about some bird who got knocked up and came up with a very dodgy story to cover her tracks. We did it last night (and will be doing it tonight too) but my wife’s American.

I don’t think it will become a thing over here, it’s too specifically rooted in America’s (and Canada’s, in October) history to apply to any other nation. We could do with a good secular celebration over here, though.

The biggest downside I can see to Thanksgiving is that the food is revolting! Sweet potato mash baked with marshmallows, green beans baked with mushroom soup and canned fried onions and a pumpkin pie made out of homogenous canned pumpkin. I’ve done 6 thanksgivings now and am just about able to stomach that stuff…

egb81
    Free Member

Is that Emperor Palpatine getting some bargains front and center?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

In Canada they had Wings Wednesday,

much better, consume as many chicken wings as possible for not much money.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Spent 4 hours riding round and sessioning jumps in Philips Park. 3 of us and nobody else around. Mint

P-Jay
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member

Thanksgiving is a pretty nice holiday, really. Non religious, everyone can join in and it is, in essence, about being grateful. Not about some bird who got knocked up and came up with a very dodgy story to cover her tracks. We did it last night (and will be doing it tonight too) but my wife’s American.

I don’t think it will become a thing over here, it’s too specifically rooted in America’s (and Canada’s, in October) history to apply to any other nation. We could do with a good secular celebration over here, though.

The biggest downside I can see to Thanksgiving is that the food is revolting! Sweet potato mash baked with marshmallows, green beans baked with mushroom soup and canned fried onions and a pumpkin pie made out of homogenous canned pumpkin. I’ve done 6 thanksgivings now and am just about able to stomach that stuff…

It’s it about celebrating a meal that the Native Americans put on for the settlers – well before they returned the favour by killing them all and stealing all their land?

Perhaps a fight over stuff is apt way to mark it?

13thfloormonk

we’re heading for knoydart too, the relative comfort of inverie though. maybe see you out in the hills

Ha! I was wondering if we would be racing others to the bothy, the forecast looks suspiciously… good? 😯

We should have a head start anyway, facing the drive along Loch Arkaig tonight!

Sgurr na Ciche and the Big Rough Breast for us I think

muddy9mtb

lets go shopping

no offence intended

Digger90
    Free Member

Black Friday?

Another irritating American import intended solely to fuel rampant consumerism.

neilthewheel

rene59 – Member
    Now we have Black Friday, how long before Thanksgiving invades

Never mind that,have you got a date for the prom?

Jamie
    Free Member

Never mind that,have you got a date for the prom?

He’s already said he’s going with me, so back off before I scratch yer eyes out!

muddy9mtb

oh the happy couple

muddy9mtb

UBERBIKES ARE HAVING A BLACKFRIDAY SALE ALL WEEKEND – 20% OFF ALL WEEKEND JUST USE THE DISCOUNT CODE “BLACKFRIDAY” ….ORIGINIAL.
    http://www.uberbikecomponents.com/index.aspx

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. I don’t suppose anyone has seen deal son a standalone PS4?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Black Friday, I'm going for a ….’ is closed to new replies.