Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 231 total)
  • Black Friday deals
  • Stainypants

That go pro sorts out my chistmss present es going to get a hero+ that looks like a better buy

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Wiggle has Kona Processes at 50% :

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kona-134a-process-dl-2015

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

brill – just trying to persuade the wife that this is the phone she wants, and I think the color choices will seal the deal

doh – that was the moto X, not the play. But they still are doing the Play at 220 which is a bit better than elsewhere.

kuman
    Free Member

Not mega deal but Merlin cycles are doing extra 10% off at checkout on disc brakes, deore set for £63.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    toby1

Sorry footflaps, my mistake 🙂

For reference the thread was meant to be here for people to hate consumerism too, it welcomes all and doesn’t judge.

Rockape63
    Free Member

possible laptop deals?

Anyone have any good experiences with cordless vacuum cleaners? (not sexual please!) My Mum is looking for one.

iffoverload
    Free Member

sombrio mid loam shoes 20 quid

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sombrio-loam-mid-top-shoes/rp-prod114745

buy 2 so you can have some dry shoes once in a while! 😕

most sizes in snazzy grey/blue …. or white if you ride a 29er and need appropriate footwear to go with it 😛

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    tang
    Free Member

I’m liking lbs Slam69: Brown Thursday, come on down and buy all the shit we can’t sell.

freeagent
    Free Member

sombrio mid loam shoes 20 quid

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sombrio-loam-mid-top-shoes/rp-prod114745

buy 2 so you can have some dry shoes once in a while!

most sizes in snazzy grey/blue …. or white if you ride a 29er and need appropriate footwear to go with it

Has anyone got a pair of these? are they any good?
    I bought a pair of 5-10 freeriders last year which I hate (have only worn them about 3 times) so am looking for something else – the Freeriders are destined for either the bin or ebay.

MrBlond
    Free Member

Very cheap Johnnie Walker on amazon.

I’m normally a typical STW malt snob, but are the double black or gold label worth a try?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Some decent stuff in the rapha sale, socks and wallets going cheap too 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the only thing i need is a new LS base layer and they haven’t reduced them 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Uberbike has 25% everything if you use black25 at checkout. Might get a new expander and narrow wide

dmorts

My experience of it last year (the first year it seemed to appear here) was that we’d imported the hype from the US but not the low, low prices…. kind of need both.

TooTall
    Free Member

Black Friday is the opposite, it’s the retailers slashing their prices in order to bleed consumers dry i the knowledge that there are no more paychecks between now and Christmas, so if they don’t then they lose out on the Christmas spending. You could view that cynically, or you could view it as the capitalist system working in the consumers favor to give really low prices just when they want to buy stuff.

It’s UK / international retailers jumping on the American thing to create a previously non-existent shopping ‘sale’ event. It’s no less cynical but it’s just another American import.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Thanks for the Uberbike code howsyourdad1

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

a pleasure pjbarton!

Free Member

Olympus PEN E-P5 – £329 on Amazon instead of £744 :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CQ3TO4C?ref_=gb1h_img_m-4_5847_8d084a15&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That one seems to have ended already, gutted as I’d have snapped that up. If anyone knows of any similar camera related deals please post them up! Thanks.

mrblobby
    Free Member
    Rockape63
    Free Member

for mattyfez

bit cheaper depending on colours/size etc

Thanks Roger, will have a gander!

sirromj

Managed to resist buying a pair of XT M785 brakes for just under £100 to replace some still working as good as they ever did Avid Elixir 3 which have some superficial(?) corrosion on the lever. Managed to resist so far. Should I or shouldn’t I???? Arrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh.

kimbers

my phone is quite shagged so looking for some deals

motox play for 200 looking good here

http://www.handtec.co.uk/motorola-moto-x-play-16gb-smartphone-black.html

but i will really miss wireless charging ;-(

dooosuk
    Free Member

kimbers – do you really need a branded phone. The Jiayu S3 is only £120 or Amazon have a WileyFox on offer today.

ernie67

Bugger ! ….just got ever so slightly excited when i saw the Rapha sky jeans at half price – only to then realize that they’re out of stock 🙄

midlifecrashes

Well my Moto X Play has turned up. First impressions:

Big! But I’m used to a Razr i and before that a Defy. If you’re already into bigger phones, well and good, it’s one of them.

Screen is very good, 1080p, bright and adjustable, vivid modes etc.
    Camera is very good, 23MP with Sony sensor, seems good outside and low light.
    Battery is huge, meant to last 2 days, can’t really comment personally yet.
    Speed, it seems snappy, not noticed any lag, apps open super quick.

Best way to think of it I guess would be as an XL version of MOTO G. Bigger battery, better camera, bigger brighter screen. Swappable backs and cases can give it the super premium feel, but I think it looks and feels very smart out of the box.

toby1

In reality the hype I reckon will have been bigger last year as it was the first year we saw any ‘black Friday’ deals in the UK. This year I suspect with certain retailers (i.e. Asda) opting out that it won’t be that big a deal, hopefully it’ll fizzle out come next year.

crazy-legs

If anyone sees any Garmin Edge 1000 or Edge Touring on special offer, do post up on here won’t you?

lunge

I’ve jsut had a live chat with Wiggle about another item, I asked if there were any codes going to persuade me to buy today and got told “no, but you may want to wait until tomorrow”. No idea what, or how good but I’m hopeful of something.

nemesis
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good deals on a 685+ flat (or very low rise) carbon bar?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I really shouldn’t be looking at this thread. Must resist…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just got a mail about 25% off everything at The Hut Group. Seems to only be IWOOT and not ProBikeKit annoyingly.

mrblobby
    Free Member

10% off everything at Ribble and Merlin. It’s good but it’s not great.

clairestephens
    Free Member

Just linked to XTR cranks in the other thread – down to £135 which is as cheap as I’ve ever seen them I think

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘Black Friday deals’ is closed to new replies.