Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bizarre/obscure question du jour….
  • boblo
    Free Member

Sort of bike related….

Zip pullers these days seem to have little plastic/rubber ends on them that fall off after a while. This leaves a tiny stubby puller that is hard to find whilst descending 70° slopes at 50mph (ahem).

Anyone know a good source for pullers the are very fine cord with a plast bobble thingy? I’ve tried Google and keep getting waylaid by leather goods….

wwaswas

bit of para cord through the little hole in the zip pull, knotted? You can heat the ends to stop it unravelling and ‘tune’ the length of string used to suit you?

Like this but with just a knot at the end;

persona
    Free Member

No idea what you’re on about but if I wanted a spare part for a zip I’d visit the old ladies in the sewing shop in the high street rather than ask google.

njee20
    Free Member

I just use a zip tie, in a loop.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Safety pin attached to the remnants of the zip puller

robh
    Stoner
    Free Member

+1 for Alpkit ones. I have them on a number of jackets etc.

bounce

Or you can buy zip pullers in places like Tiso or Nevisport, not sure about other chains

mickolas
    Free Member

a key ring. or a mobile phone dangly decoration thing (think they’re called charms)

boblo
    Free Member

Aaah there you go, good old STW 🙂 Alpkit ordered.

About what diameter is the cord on those Alpkit pulls please? My zip remains are very, very small….

Stoner
    Free Member

2.5-3mm Im guessing?

EDIT: Mine are actually a different earlier model, but I doubt they vary much.

longwayhome
    Free Member

Rather than para cord which is quite thick, try thin climbing cord like this:-

It’s strong and you can get it throught the hole left behind. About 50p/metre from most climbing/outdoor shops and online.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bizarre/obscure question du jour….’ is closed to new replies.