Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bizarre road shoe issue
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bought some Fizik shoes. Fitted Shimano cleats. And for the life of me I can’t get clipped in! Copied cleat position on my other shoes. Tried used and brand new cleats. Tried varying the cleat position, to no avail.

I can get the nose of the cleat in fine, but just can’t get the rear in even with full body weight on that foot. It’s as if I can’t get any pressure on the rear which would make me think it was clear position, except like I said I’ve mirrored my normal shoes, and then tried different positions too.

akira

I’ve seen some rare issues where because of the shape of some soles and cleat position the cleat ends up being flexed and thus losing its shape and becomes hard to clip in or immediately unclips.

akira

Are you running the cleats particularly far back on the shoe?

wilburt
    Free Member

Both shoes?

minley1
    Free Member

What shoe/pedal ? I have R5b and Ultegra pedals and they are fine, also run M5B on the Mtb with XTR, only issue with the mtb ones is the cleat position seems further forward than previous Shimano shoes.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Both shoes. Tried cleats as per other shoes, and also at extreme front and back. Shimano floating cleats on R3s.

The bent cleat theory sounds good but with the screws loose the natural curve of the soles and cleats seems to match.

Completely flummoxed.

scaredypants

have you lost weight recently ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had an issue with soles on Fizik shoes. Think they mustve been seconds or something; I bought them cheap from PX. I found the sole of the shoe seemed out of line; the rear of the cleat sat at a different angle to the front whne viewed from behind. They just didn’t feel right and I didnt get much float out of them.

Sent them back and PX gave a full refund. Just went back to my Ergos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bizarre road shoe issue’ is closed to new replies.