Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bizarre how some shops don't seem to want your custom..
  • brack
    Free Member

I’m in the process of buying a Ritchey logic 2.0 Road frame.

A quick search online reveals that approx 3 shops sell this frame.

As is the usual these days you have to fill in a form just to get a call back, no telephone number no discussion no technical advice …you’re just expected to buy the bike.

Well I have entered all my details on the enquiry form with acycles.. no phone call back, so I do it again… no phone call back. Then I receive an email saying they require my telephone number-three emails later with my telephone number…still no phone call.

Frustrated isn’t the word!

matt_outandabout

I was told to f*ck off (multiple times) within 2 mins of trying to be a paying customer yesterday, in a barbers… 😯

So yes, clearly some folk do not want your business…

otsdr
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure bike24, r2-bike or hibike won’t mind having you as a customer 😉 .

dovebiker

Charlie the Bikemonger has them listed and usually is good at responding promptly to calls, messages or FB

drovercycles
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this OP. If you still need some help then we’re on 01497 822419 or email in profile and more than happy to help.

Not experts on Ritchey but know a thing or two about steel frames in general and more than happy to find out any answers we don’t immediately have.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Phone CTBM.. about as helpful and friendly as you can wish for.

otsdr
    Free Member

I also recommend CTBM, only ordered once but had a good experience.

eshershore
    Free Member

not surprised about your experience with a-cycle

I bought some Fulcrum road wheels for my missus from them, and found the entire experience extremely poor in terms of customer service, the wheels eventually turned up 8 days after “despatch” despite us paying extra for 48-hour courier delivery, with no response from them despite multiple emails

will never use them again, despite the “sales” emails they constantly send me

xyeti
    Free Member

I wouldn’t waste my time and effort any further, imagine the dramas that any potential warranty would create if your struggling to even buy the thing?

I’d also reccomend CTBM, I pinged an email or two back and forth the other week and when I decided to buy I rang up, the guy I’d been emailing was having a day off, typical…….. imagine my surprise when the voice on the phone told me she was standing in covering a day off AND she could see my email, asked me my name and confirmed a few details before ensuring it would be posted the same day.

That gets my thumbs up,

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I think the topic title is a bit misleading here to be honest…

Most shops do have a phone number you can call.

What you’re referring to are businesses that might have some stock, or may just buy directly from suppliers….either way, they probably don’t pay staff to speak to customers. Not all mail-order only businesses are like this though, but I agree it’s increasingly becoming the norm to have ‘contact us’ forms instead of phone numbers…

brack
    Free Member

Ok ok I should have put ‘ Businesses’ in the title … Though either way Its hardly misleading?!

Yeah I’m not going to bother with that company they don’t deserve my custom.

Thank you drover cycles I think I met you earlier this year, when I was visiting Hay on Wye as a medic covering a local music festival. I enquired about a balance bike for my son. I remember leaving the shop thinking that you and your wife were thoroughly decent people.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bizarre how some shops don't seem to want your custom..’ is closed to new replies.