Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bivvying with a kid
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

My four year old wants to do a night ride and sleep outside under the stars 🙂 any small kid bivvy bags?

flatfish
    Free Member
    showerman
    Free Member

love it so you are using 4yr old to get out under the stars you could just sleep in your back garden

jambalaya
    Free Member

Great idea, really wonderful. Adults bivvy bag folded in half ! Make sure he’s warm and mum is on hand to come and collect you both if he changes his mind. Tent in backpack in case he has a change of heart ?

timmys

love it so you are using 4yr old to get out under the stars you could just sleep in your back garden

Can you translate that into English please?

Duffer
    Free Member

Can you translate that into English please?

i suspect the problem might be that this chap has been sold a keyboard with no punctuation on it this is quite clearly a very serious problem that makes it very difficult to understand what is being said i propose we all club together and begin a petition what say you

Also, taking the kids bivving sounds like a great idea! I’ve been collecting some extra gear recently with an eye on taking my 6-year-old out, sometime this summer. I doubt you’ll have much luck buying a small bivvi bag, but perhaps you could tailor a larger one?

Good luck!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Robert old bean, want to borrow one of ours to try it out before splashing the cash? It will need folding or use a drawcord to nip it at the waist. It will be ok for a test the. If she likes it you buy a proper one.

Houns

A bin bag? Also you’ve got something to eat

Stoner
    Free Member

I put Stoner Jr in a 80+ Litre rucksack liner.

He loved it. But he had to carry all his own stuff 🙂

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hr1Yx_IhVG8/UgXkJpu2nsI/AAAAAAAAGgg/VV_bSVJ_D1U/s400/IMG_20130809_204504.jpg[/img]

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@Stoner – are the Conservators ok with that? They always seemed v precious when I lived in Worcs.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ever seen a conservator out after 9pm? Me neither. 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

showerman is my mate so not an issue – he is on the wind up. Paul a lend of one is a great idea she is 110cm tall if that makes any odds. 100% sure she will last teh night as long as teddy is there 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

Get and army surplus one and chop the bottom off? could also get it “taken in a bit” if mum is nifty with a sewing machine?

StirlingCrispin

I slept out in the local woods with my boys at the weekend.
    My 5-yr old (H) was on his own in a tent (at his request because he didn’t get to sleep out at Beaver camp the previous weekend), while Thump (8-yr old) slept with me under a tarp – a cheap camo’ one he’d got for Xmas).

Got a fire going to toast marshmallows, and then drank hot chocolate before retiring to bed.

A most excellent adventure.

Photies are here:
    http://tinyurl.com/pch5cwr

(because I can’t access Picasa from work)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bivvying with a kid’ is closed to new replies.