Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bivvying – Pack or rack?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Off this weekend for an inaugural bivvy ride – any advice for backpack vs. racks for carrying stuff?

Tempted to strap a waterproof bag to the bars and use a backpack as I already have them…unless anyone thinks racks are that much better?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i normally ride with a bigger bag than normal and some weight on the bars/ rack.

my personal preference would be to get as much of the bulk/ weight on the bike and ride with a minimal pack.

they key is to reduce the stuff you take though.

HTH

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Im off for the first time this weekend, I've got a bigger bag and a couple of compression sacks to stuff warmer clothes in..

convert

Rack on the road, pack off road for me. Although as said bivi rather than tent means fast and light so reduce everything else similarly. For me 25lt max on a bivvi trip.

Not a big fan of bits on the bars – I like to see my front wheel.

13thfloormonk

I just picked up a 2.7litre Ortlieb saddle bag, totally waterproof, very big and easy fitting. £35 posted from Spacycles.co.uk

Coupled with your sleeping bag in a dry bag under the bars and you should get the rest on your back comfortably.

I use a Wingnut for multi-dayers. Nice and low, comfy and stable. Still leaves my shoulders a little raw after several days but other than that I have no reservations.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Sleeping bags, 1 or 2 season? The 1 season just seem so small…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bivvying – Pack or rack?’ is closed to new replies.