Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bivvy!
  • sheafy
    Free Member

Hi,

Firstly, this is my first post on this or any forum, so apologies if this in the wrong bit or section or whatever. If it is please don’t hesitate to throw things at me.

I have been reading the forum for years, and the wisdom of the singletrack massive has enlightened my life many times. Now I want to try my hand at bikepacking/bivvying….

So, here’s the point of my post – anyone want to go bivvying with me? I’ve not done it before, and I figure whisky under the stars tastes better when shared than drunk alone. I’ve got some ideas of locations, mostly hope valley/around Sheffield. Obviously lots of riding pre and post bivvy should be included – I’ve only got 1 mtb and it’s bouncy at both ends, so I’d feel harsh taking her out and not bouncing on her a bit. I’ll even supply the coffee.

Go on….

Sheafy

duntstick
    Free Member

Complete with bouncy dude 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61MFiIeuVM&feature=kp[/video]

sandwicheater

Are you a murdering bike thief? This will affect my decision.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Id have left out the parts where you say you like bouncing up and down on things.. and the coffee invite maybe be a bit soon for a first date

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’s some folks over here from your neck of the woods … generally they’re more scary than you sound so might take you up on your offer 😉

sheafy
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Duntstick – amazing link. I’m obviously procrastinating at work – my manager overheard me listening to that, which lead to more procrastination and an argument about the best gurn, so that was a definite win.

Sandwicheater – I most certainly am not. I’m still mourning the loss of my Orange Sub-Zero and shall never endure that experience again. They smashed my shed to bits to get her out, and nicked all my tools and spare parts as well. Needless to say my current bike sleeps with me (much to my girlfriend’s displeasure).

Cloudnine – that sounds like flirting to me…if you ask nicely I might even let you grind my beans… (too much!? haha!)

still s8tannorm – cheers for the link, I will check that site out – are they the people who the run the welsh ride thing? The stories I’ve heard about that sound ace.

If anyone is genuinely up for it though, I was thinking the 12th of July would be a good day?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

are they the people who the run the welsh ride thing? The stories I’ve heard about that sound ace.

Yep, WRT, BB 200, Elan-back, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bivvy!’ is closed to new replies.