Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bitter sweet final ride in Spain – today’s ride pics
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

This was my final weekend of riding in Spain. I had a load of stitches taken out of my back on Friday, and the nurse told me I shouldn’t be doing any major riding this weekend. Roper was out with another friend doing the Tarifa enduro, and I had to bail out of it.

I went for a pootle around Gib on Saturday to take a photo, and all seemed ok-ish. So I thought I would do a hike and bike to Montes de los Barrios. I have been here twice before searching for an abandoned monastery, once with Roper, only to be foiled by first getting lost and then hitting mud and clay so glaggy so gloopy you couldn’t even push a bike over it.

Tjhe plan was to cycle along a private road, and then walk, but when i got to the trail where I thought I would have to walk it was bone dry.

Well I still had to go up and down a few tracks before realising that the one I wanted was over a wire fence. But it was great getting my first sight of the monastery. Its there in the middle of this pic.

Despite having plenty of food and around 3 litres of water, I still had a long way to go. It was pretty hot, water was running low, I was shattered and as I was on my own I decided not to risk anything and head back.

So yeah, would have loved a social ride, but at least I’ll be able to have a few of these in Scotland and Devon when I get home. Hope Roper made it ok to Tarifa and back!

Click on the pics to see the full set of pics if interested.

Trekster

see ya soon Si 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

You moving back to the UK permanently? I’ll miss your sunny pics 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

Trekster

Physically I am holding up quite well considering a bit of a virus and no riding for a while. Can’t wait to do some rides back home again.

Mamadirt

Yeah – I am going to be moving to Devon in September to do an MSc for a year. I am spending June with my folks in Dumfries, so looking forward to a few rides with Trekster. Am travelling July and August in Peru.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Best pack some wet weather gear then 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bitter sweet final ride in Spain – today’s ride pics’ is closed to new replies.