Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bitte, meine Herren…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

There is, in this locality, a Hippy Commune known as “The Beneficio”. A gathering place for those of an alternative worldview wherein living in wigwams on a flat earth and breathing in Government-funded gasses from the chemicals pumped into the atmosphere from passing airliners so that one’s mind can be controlled by Giant Invisible Lizards, can be shared with one’s peers.

From this redoubt, living on the food scavenged from rubbish bins is a political act and maintaining a dog for the purposes of begging, an attempt to be at one with the allegedley balanced and harmonious forces of nature…

Yet, something has occurred that makes me suspect that their peer-group comforted refuge from the forces of black-hatted world mind-control conspiracy, may be under threat.

Yesterday evening, in a fit of lassitude abandonment, I decided to take Linus the electric bike out on a ride up into the mountain on the Pampaneira road, which I plan to attempt (with considerably more preparation and time) on Pussy Riot, my mountain bike, in search of a long and no doubt exciting offroad downhill trail back in to town. After about seven kilometres of increasingly impressive hairpin-bend views, I stopped at a viewing spot to admire the mountains of the Lujar Sierras laid out before me, marching away south to the coast.

As I stood there with my back to the road, I heard a car pull up behind me. The motor cut out and I heard the noise of the electric window being wound down.

A voice in heavily-accented German said: “Excuse me sir, do you know the location of a Hippy Community called ‘The Beneficio’”?

I turned to see a smart BMW saloon in which two well-tonsured, fit-looking men of almost military appearance (albeit dressed in t-shirt and jeans) sat, speaking with that exagerrated and forced politeness found in those who seek to conceal some dubious purpose behind their innocuous inquiry.

“I know it is around here somewhere” I said, “but I have never bothered to find out where because it is not within my interest. Sorry, but I can’t help you…”

A shadow of mild irritation crossed the face of my interlocutor like the ghost of a water-soaked cloth and with an expression of mild dismay, the two Mittel-European strangers drove away.

It was only after I had resumed my ride that I suddenly wondered: how did they know I could speak English?

khani
    Free Member

Were you wearing shorts? the knock knees of British imperialism are known worldwide..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh, look who got a thesaurus for their birthday!

Edukator
    Free Member

There used to be a street artist outside Centre Pompidou. When he finished his routine he went round collecting money and chatting to the spectators. He held the crowd and made more cash by guessing the nationality of people before he had even heard them speak. More often than not he was right which caused as much amusement as his show.

leffeboy

Is it time for the next episode yet? #bingewatchtastic

ninfan
    Free Member

It was only after I had resumed my ride that I suddenly wondered: how did they know I could speak English?

Cougar

That’s an absolute disgrace.

You have an electric bike?

bearnecessities

how did they know I could speak English?

Bad teeth and bald?

giantalkali
    Free Member

How they knew you’d speak English we’ll never know, but your German is despicable. Also, German people outside of films rarely have strong accents. I suggest you met a pair of Austrians.

wallop

Are you ginger?

Junkyard
    Free Member

they were non french in france [ who knows if they speak French] so they chose english as the universal language.
    they did not know you were english they just assumed you were able to speak it [ or more likely than german in france].

perchypanther
    Free Member

Maybe they were fans.

It’s not all about Kraftwerk for ze Germans.

ninfan
    Free Member

they chose english as the universal language.

The ‘lingua franca’ as it were 😀

[ or more likely than german in france].

Don’t give them any ideas, they’ve tried twice 😉

martinhutch

Mr Brown? Is that you? When do we get the next bit? Is it in a shadowy cloister in a part of the Vatican where the Pope is chairing a meeting so secret that even he doesn’t realise he’s there?

Edukator
    Free Member

The hippy camp is in Spain, Junkyard.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😳 ok same thing but replace french for spanish

Seems fairly obvious they chose english as it was the most likely to be a common language rather than they had a sixth sense that he was english

zippykona

You’ve made the move then. Lets see some pictures.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Were you wearing that God awful Superman outfit?

SaxonRider

Maybe they were fans.
    It’s not all about Kraftwerk for ze Germans.

😀

Are you of pasty complexion?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You’ve made the move then. Lets see some pictures.[/quote]

https://www.facebook.com/mike.dudley.988/media_set?set=a.10154047986869972.1073741849.839449971&type=3

Can’t be bothered with all that arsing about transferring to flickr and back to the forum.

Wish STW would sort a simpler method…

jambalaya
    Free Member

English is the international language. They took a guess you where not German and they tried the obvious common language. But hey hoy the EU will be phasing out English in favour of erm ….

SaxonRider

Congratulations on the move, Woppit. It looks gorgeous down there.

Don’t think we won’t notice that your OP here is just a repost of one of your facebook notes, though. According to the unwritten rules, that’s double dipping.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are you of pasty complexion?

The answer to your question is available on his Facebook profile link above 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congrats on the move btw, feel free to post numerous pictures when the weather is dire in the UK 8)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member
    Mr Brown? Is that you? When do we get the next bit? Is it in a shadowy cloister in a part of the Vatican where the Pope is chairing a meeting so secret that even he doesn’t realise he’s there?

Glad someone’s on the wavelength. 😀 8) 😉

davosaurusrex

Brakes the right way round. You lot are bloody amateurs.

greentricky
    Free Member

Spanish rider would still be in full winter kit surely

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bitte, meine Herren…’ is closed to new replies.