Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bite-proof but ultra thin leggings? (running leggings work?)
  • hora
    Free Member

After my legs have bubbled up and are sore and skin so soft just didnt work what can I wear? (Under shorts). It needs to be ultra thin but still ward off midges and Ticks.

Runners leggings would be the first to look at?

Anything from DHB?

piemonster

Have a look at 2XU calf guards, get them in white so see you see the buggers crawling about.

T1000
    Free Member

a different bug repellant, there’s a lot of confusion over skin so soft, some older versions included picardrin (same stuff as in smidge and repel-it) (it doesn’t melt plastic like Deet.

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t know what size, but I’m guessing you’d be a medium?

hora
    Free Member

T1000 is it completely waterproof and repells all comers?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pair of 100 denier ladies tights. Sorted.

robdob
    Free Member

Hora in tights?????

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SaxonRider

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not PeterPoddy.

BadlyWiredDog

I’d try Smidge or the stuff that Nikwax does, erm, Skitostop. Both are Deet free and work pretty well ime. Or pedal faster…

There’s various insect repellent clothing out there too – Craghoppers does some and Rohan – but I’ve never seen anything remotely suitable for cyclists’ legs. Best bet is a repellent that works for you.

Oh, and having been savaged by Finnish mozzies through a baselayer top, I’m not sure how far I’d trust a pair of thin leggings to ward off really nasty insects. Clegs/horseflies are equipped to bite through horsehide, I reckon they’d have a good go at lycra though lesser bugs might not…

Or maybe throw a mosquito net over rider and bike and go ride?

hora
    Free Member

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/30625376@N06/19443412045/sizes/o/

Believe me I’d wear sheer tights, heals, lipstick and a smart little mini skirt if it’d work nevermind a Mozzy net.

Cheers Bregante

Flaperon

Horseflies can bite through jeans, evil bastards.

wallop

Have you been shaving your legs!?

hora
    Free Member

Nope. Only my nuts are as deeply thick-haired as a thatched cottage in the Surrey hills.

Any ‘cheap’ compression tights?

hora
    Free Member

FDX compression tights are £8.75! from FDX on ebay.

wwaswas

Only my nuts are as deeply thick-haired as a thatched cottage in the Surrey hills.

hora
    Free Member

😆

epicyclo

PeterPoddy – Member
    Pair of 100 denier ladies tights. Sorted.

Australian surfer lifesavers in North Queensland used to wear them to ward off box jellyfish stings. Top and bottom. For the top they used to bite out the crotch to get their head through – a useful skill for any young lad. 🙂

Then they got boring and got full lycra skinsuits. I could post a pic of me in mine, but I’m sure sensitive eyes could be damaged.

As far as running tights, would colour be important? Aren’t some bloodsuckers attracted to darker colours?
    (Any experts?)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bite-proof but ultra thin leggings? (running leggings work?)’ is closed to new replies.