Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bitcoin…..wtf?
  • somafunk

Anyone else kicking themselves for not throwing away £10 towards the purchase of an imaginary currency back in 2010?, that would be worth £400,000 or thereabouts today, not a bad return for 7 years.

I remember when it came out and we were discussing the currency as an underground/anarchistic movement but friends were buying them as a joke through one of the online currency exchanges, some got rid of them quite quickly as the price rocketed throughout 2011 and a few others held onto them till 2014 and cashed out in the boom, it seems the price is now £1800 per bitcoin 😯 , holy ****…. back in 2010 they were less than 10p each………. 😥

skids
    Free Member

Get yourself some Ether

shindiggy
    Free Member

Just sold my 3 bit coin I mined 5 years ago 🙂

fifeandy
    Free Member

IT guy at work got paid for a job in bitcoin years ago cashed in some at $10 and promptly forgot about the remainder – until the topic came up at the pub a couple of months ago.

Bad news is he didn’t pay for an online wallet, and somewhere in the region of 20000 bitcoins are currently on hard drive(s) that he cant find. He’s managed to locate a couple of 100 so far.

Oops!

CountZero

Hindsight is, indeed, 20:20 vision…

atlaz
    Free Member

And beauty, truly, is in the eye of the tiger 😀

Fueled
    Free Member

I was feeling properly smug with myself when I sold both of my bitcoins a few months ago for just under 1k each. Could have bought an extra bike if I had held on until now!

typer
    Free Member

Get yourself some Ether

I’ve been looking into this as a long term investment/gamble and quite fancy chucking a couple of hundred quid in initially just to see what happens. What’s the best way of doing it? via Coinbase? and what’s the crack with withdrawing any profit back into your bank account as regular GBP?

kimbers

I have a mate who has made a 5 grand on some he bought a few years ago

FuzzyWuzzy

I advised the GF not to buy one last year when they were around £600, saying they’d probably crash again soon. Oops!

egb81
    Free Member

Pondered buying some when they were a few pennies but couldn’t be arsed with the hassle. Pondered again when they were about £30 but thought I didn’t have enough cash to waste on speculative punts. Feel a bit of a face palm coming on.

teasel
    Free Member

And beauty, truly, is in the eye of the tiger

🙂

On an otherwise shitty day you managed to get a muffled chortle from me.

Good work…!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bitcoin…..wtf?’ is closed to new replies.