Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bit wet out [PICS]
  • Alex

Couldn’t face another mud bath this morning, so took the CX bike out on slicks to have a look at the flooding here (Herefordshire, River Wye). It’s epically bad.

image by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

All of that used to be a field. It’s lapping up against the road edge. Roads are mostly rivers and twice I had to turn back. The first time I attempted to ford this:

Will it go? by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

When it looked like my bottle cage was about to float off, I set a course for the shore! Didn’t make it tho and had very wet legs/feet for the last hour.

I’ve seen flooding here before but never this bad. The roads are in a shocking state as well.

It was good to get out and put some miles in, but it made me realise how long it’s going to take to dry out. More rain tomorrow 🙁

stumpy01

I think I lived in the Sout West/Somerset Levels I’d be getting hold of some plans and building one of those small racing hovercrafts!

cakefest
    Free Member

where is that Alex? i’m up the road in south Shropshire and there are massive new lakes up here too.

IMG_1204.JPG by cakefest, on Flickr

IMG_1203.JPG by cakefest, on Flickr

kcal

that’s quite wet Alex 🙁 as you say when the water clears it’s going to be messy, very messy.

Alex

It’s south Herefordshire between Ross on Wye and Hereford. Basically bottom of the Wye valley. That’s one of my favourite road loops – normally a 40k blast with lovely views of the river and then climbing over the tops.

Today it was a study of concentration, fording technique and mudguard envy. Glad I had the disc brakes tho!

My mate sent me a pic of a pub near him close to Leominster. Had a similar ‘lakey’ feel about it…

Alex

Callum it is – a lot of this is grass for sheep and it’s going to smell horrid for months. Think hundreds and hundreds of acres of sillage 🙁

core

I’m North Herefordshire, hampered by rain/flooding last 2 days, Leintwardine is a nightmare to get to from the South, places I’ve never seen wet completely flooded, both from standing water and water courses, it’ll be a long time until the ground dries out!

jekkyl

Op ever thought of being a triathlete? 😉

Alex

Not really, unless I could substitute ‘swimming’ for ‘falling off and splashign around like an idiot’ 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bit wet out [PICS]’ is closed to new replies.