Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Bit random, but not sure what to do: Rabbits attacked in garden.
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Fox and cats dont usualy scrap, The Fox will usualy back off, if local cats are being killed then its more likely to be a stray Lurcher or Greyhound.

this.

My experience of cats and foxes is that both will run, there is nothing gained by fighting, having seen the damage a cat can do to a Alsatian a fox has too much to loose.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“Why? That’s what foxes do. If you have a coup of chickens they will kill them all but eat only one. For sport and the sheer hell of it, foxes are nasty like that.”

And cats aren’t? Evil little shits!

sbob
    Free Member

There’s some sick people out there, have you ruled out humans?

Couple of lads killed a load of hens at our local allotments for “fun”.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There’s some seriously misguided fox thinking here, as usual.

Fox won’t damage bars, they may peel back fencing or thin grating but unlikely to leave one alive unless scared off first. Damage to a hutch sounds more like people too me.

ajc
    Free Member

On the few occasions I have had foxes get in the chicken run they kill them all, take one and bury the rest to return to later. A fox can’t carry more than 1 chicken at a time. Foxes will normally have tried to dig their way in before tearing a hutch apart.

v8ninety

Foxes are scrawny looking things, even the badass, urban variety. I can’t see then easily bending metal bars. My money is on a werewolf. They are well known to love a bit of bunny, FACT.

TatWink
    Free Member

Well, all this fox talk seems to have caught up with me as one of our rabbits was killed around 12.30’ish.

The wife saw a fox by the hutch ran out there, scared it off but unfortunately too late. It had bitten the head off of one of our rabbits. Kids aren’t gonna be happy…..

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bit random, but not sure what to do: Rabbits attacked in garden.’ is closed to new replies.