Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bit of proud Dad sharing… My 2yr old and balance bike BMX
  • psychle
    Free Member

Took my almost 2 year old to the local BMX tracks to try out his balance bike skills on the slopes there, wasn’t sure if he’d be confident enough to give it a go (the mounds are twice his height after all, even more when he’s sitting on his bike!). Set him up on the top of one for his first attempt, was more than a little nervous as to how it was going to turn out… Here’s the video capturing the moment:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F69aOk4kik[/video]

No fear, just straight into it and held it together despite going much faster than he’s gone before, was well chuffed! 😀

A few more goes later and we did have a stack unfortunately 🙁

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZzR33bl3q8[/video]

He was a bit teary after this one, he did bite the dirt pretty hard and it was his first decent stack… but, after a bit of a cuddle and reassurance he was back on the bike and scooting down the hills again with the same reckless abandon 🙂 . Do need to get him a wee little BMX full-facer and make sure he wears jeans next time, there was a bit of gravel rash from the stack 😳

transporter13
    Free Member

Future Olympic champ in the making there.

martinhutch

Fail. If you’d shot in landscape you could use the £250 off You’ve Been Framed to pay for the protective gear.

You breed ’em tough there. My two are still mincing down this stuff age 10.

psychle
    Free Member

Future Olympic champ in the making there.

He’ll have the choice of two nations to represent if he ever does get that far, ha ha 🙂

You breed ’em tough there. My two are still mincing down this stuff age 10.

He is a tough nut, proper boy with plenty of bruises and scratches from no end of shenanigans; you’ve gotta watch him like a hawk as he has a habit of jumping off stuff (usually following a wee countdown that at least gives you warning he’s about to leap!). Reckon we’ll have our first cast before his 3rd birthday at this rate 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine still do the turn the bars to far and stack thing

At least I have the confidence to go over the bars and break my ribs over and over and over again

PS teach them the pain dance we all do when it hurts 😉

warton
    Free Member

good stuff!

my boy loved his balance bike, but now it’s all about his scooter. It’s been hard to take 😉 but it’s all exercise isn’t it?

I’m going to get him back out on the bike this weekend actually…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bit of proud Dad sharing… My 2yr old and balance bike BMX’ is closed to new replies.