Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • bit of a weird one – citalopram
  • selaciosa
    Free Member

This is a bit dodgy I know… but I’ve been working away this week unexpectedly and ran out of citalopram earlier this week. I’ve missed my train to get home to the doc’s for my repeat prescription that’s waiting for me – I’ve not had any for the last 3 days and I’m getting some weird side-effects and bizarre brain zaps going on :/
    It’s poor planning and you can call me on it, but does anyone in Manchester have any 20mg I can have? – I’ll replace it next week when I get to the doc’s on Monday.
    Cheers

acidchunks

Could you go to one of the walk in centres and get an emergency prescription?

http://www.manchester.nhs.uk/findyournearest/otherservices/walk-in_centres.html

seavers
    Free Member

I can’t help directly but can you not find a local GP over the weekend (they may all be closed but it might be possible to find an emergency option/clinic you could go to) or go to a hospital if you are really struggling?

meehaja
    Free Member

3 options here, Ask nicely in a pharmacy, they may do you some if you can prove it is normally prescribed to you… (unlikely but might work)

ring 111, emergency prescription request, OOH GP faxes prescription through to late pharmacy, (easiest option)

Walk in centre (may have limited prescribing rights, may refer you to A&E, which wont really help!

scaredypants

Pharmacy will almost definitely do you an emergency supply if you can prove you’re on it (do you have a repeat Rx form with you, or maybe your regular pharmacy or GP could confirm for them over the phone)

(not that easy at this time of night though)

MrNice
    Free Member

I think there are situations in which a pharmacy can give an extra few days of a regular medication (I heard about it for women who’ve run out of contraceptive pills). Of course I could have totally misunderstood as I am neither a medic nor a pharmacist.

meehaja’s option #2 sounds most promising if #1 isn’t a goer

EDIT: looks like i’ve not imagined it 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Have had a similar situation and pharmacy gave enough to sort a few days until a proper prescription could be had.

Obviously needed proof, but they were very helpful (and it wasn’t the regular place so they had no prior knowledge)

footflaps

bizarre brain zaps going on :/

I know them well, like ants under the skull….

crankrider
    Free Member

Look after yourself and tell people who are close to you what is going on… the OH took it and when she stopped for a week she had some strange side effects and her behaviour was off (more than ususal 😉 )

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes, but I’m in liverpool so for the sake of a 60 mile round trip I’d just wait ’til Monday. You’ll be fine.

tpbiker
    Free Member

went a weekend without it once. Nothing bad happened..

footflaps

went a weekend without it once. Nothing bad happened that I recall. Were a lot of unsolved murders that weekend though…

derek_starship
    Free Member

I had the same. “Electric head” when coming off Paroxetine. Terrible. Complete with aural “claps”. Very disorientating.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘bit of a weird one – citalopram’ is closed to new replies.